Author Topic: Rebalance Feedback  (Read 29033 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance Feedback
« Reply #45: January 04, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
So, please. I don't think you'll win that particular argument.

There is no argument. We're just collectively trying to figure out if there's a broad problem with the island.

the north has always had the majority of the poorly producing regions. If we take Ahael as the arbitrary mid-point of the island, the north has nine of the lowest 10 food-producing regions. Nine of the lowest 10 gold-producing regions as well. If you want to expand that to the lowest 20, the north has 16 of the lowest gold and 16 of the lowest food-producing regions. 24 of the lowest 30 gold producing regions and 21 of the 30 lowest food producing regions.

I'm not contesting your claims, but the short period covered by the downward spike is too little to determine what's actually happening. Most of the realms appeared to be running large overall (i.e. realm-wide) food surpluses pre-rebalance. From the broad stats given in the graph, it's impossible to break down what's happening on a region-by-region basis so soon. The Food Surplus or Deficit stats are also a bit of a deceptive indicator. Take Zonasa as an example. The stats showed them to have had a surplus of about 100, but that presumably came in via trading rather than the actual production from their one rural region. The Production stats tell a different tale: pre-rebalance 380, compared with post-rebalance 258. Or Cathay's 'pre' of 1,539, to their 'post' of 1,387. Sorraine: 'pre' 712, to 'post' of 583. Those aren't huge drops in food production.  The downward incline in the Production stats is much less dramatic, and even appears to have levelled out over the last couple of days. But it's such a short space of time that it's difficult to say.