Author Topic: Recruit in places other than capital.  (Read 10274 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Recruit in places other than capital.
« Reply #15: January 26, 2014, 03:09:02 AM »
That is possible. But there are restrictions On that ability, specifically to prevent what you just described. Assigning units is an option that is very unpredictable. Not something you can count on, especially for refitting an entire army.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: January 26, 2014, 04:00:56 AM »
I believe your militia units cannot be attacked for at least two weeks. If monsters spawn in lets say your city where you have stationed 20k CS worth of militia. Then you won't be able to assign 20k CS militia until 2 weeks later. But of course this period will restart if your militia units enter a battle again.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 26, 2014, 04:02:16 AM »
So there are failsafes in militia assignment, neat. Has anyone tried to refit an army as general in a well militia-stacked region? How much CS could you pump right back into the front lines?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Karlaek

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 26, 2014, 04:52:58 AM »
I mean... heroes can already pump up their units for free in certain regions, can't we do something on that scale but for pay?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 26, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
I mean... heroes can already pump up their units for free in certain regions, can't we do something on that scale but for pay?
With heroes its random when they can and limited effects. Its also a part of class that has otherwise little benefits but is the only way to be able to die in battle and it can not be reversed so its not like heroes being able to do it is a casual minor thing. As well its been explicitly stated that recruitment in regions other than the capital is not wanted, so suggesting something to circumvent that is obviously not wanted.

I am all for discussion and suggestions, but suggestions that try to circumvent mechanics are not very helpful.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Karlaek

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 26, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »
Well what can we do to address the general problem?  It seems like if this is frequently requested then maybe lots of players want it and it should be reconsidered from time to time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 26, 2014, 08:13:35 AM »
Well what can we do to address the general problem?  It seems like if this is frequently requested then maybe lots of players want it and it should be reconsidered from time to time.
Why are capitals the only spot recruiting can be done? Its incredibly unbalanced to have it not be that way for one, in a variety of different ways. If its frequently requested and constantly rejected, perhaps it is because there is good reason for it not being implemented?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Karlaek

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 26, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
Has it ever been tested at least?  I don't think it'd be incredibly unbalanced if you could only recruit a small amount and had other limitations.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 26, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »
The Frequently Requested, Frequently Rejected list doesn't exist so that people can ask the devs a different way and suddenly they will agree to it, it exists so that people stop asking. The list is not as public as it once was though as people don't visit the wiki often so I will make a sticky with it on there.

Edit: The list is directly linked in the Rules for Submitting a Feature Request thread so actually I am wondering why this was even requested. The feature as stated in your request gives an advantage to large realms, which is all it does when large realms already have dozens of other advantages over small realms, I don't see the Dev Team considering adding features that are explicitly an advantage to large realms any time soon.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:49:43 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #24: January 26, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »
Well what can we do to address the general problem?

Nothing, because it doesn't exist. This is only a problem for players who are unwilling to accept it is a basic game mechanic of BattleMaster. It's the same kind of "problem" as not having assault rifles in WoW is - yeah, sure, you can argue for days about the advantage of having ranged weapons with limited ammunition and whatever, but at the end of day, WoW is a game without assault rifles, and that's that.

BattleMaster is a game with centralized realm structures. There's one capital and many things are only possible in the capital and that's that. I could explain for the 20th time why it was designed that way intentionally, but please understand that I kind of lost the patience to do it after the 15th or so time, so please use the search function because at least 5 of them are sure to be here in the forum somewhere.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 26, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
Nothing, because it doesn't exist. This is only a problem for players who are unwilling to accept it is a basic game mechanic of BattleMaster. It's the same kind of "problem" as not having assault rifles in WoW is - yeah, sure, you can argue for days about the advantage of having ranged weapons with limited ammunition and whatever, but at the end of day, WoW is a game without assault rifles, and that's that.

BattleMaster is a game with centralized realm structures. There's one capital and many things are only possible in the capital and that's that. I could explain for the 20th time why it was designed that way intentionally, but please understand that I kind of lost the patience to do it after the 15th or so time, so please use the search function because at least 5 of them are sure to be here in the forum somewhere.

BattleMaster WAS a game with centralized realm structures. It is less and less so. Recruitment in the capital only has become inconsistent with the new duchy mechanics. The arguments that were fully valid back then, in my opinion, are not anymore today.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: January 27, 2014, 10:53:54 PM »
Well it is Tom's game and he wants the capital to be the only place where you can recruit.

Some people might argue the game has changed over the years but Tom doesn't believe it is a sufficient reason to change the core game mechanic.

I think this request has been rejected and time for us to move on  8)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 27, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
Well it is Tom's game and he wants the capital to be the only place where you can recruit.

Some people might argue the game has changed over the years but Tom doesn't believe it is a sufficient reason to change the core game mechanic.

I think this request has been rejected and time for us to move on  8)
Thank You!  ;D
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 28, 2014, 02:01:55 AM »
And we'll just keep getting more and more and more and more realm merger and strategic secessions cases.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been as many realm merger accusations in the last year as there were in the previous ten.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 28, 2014, 02:48:24 AM »
And we'll just keep getting more and more and more and more realm merger and strategic secessions cases.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been as many realm merger accusations in the last year as there were in the previous ten.
You are free to think that, but frankly whether or not you are right it really doesn't matter.
― G.K. Chesterton