Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 146691 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #225: June 27, 2011, 06:00:07 AM »
We should start cornering zombies and contain them in a certain area. Like we let zombies infest the north east or the south east of the map while we clear out rest of the map?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: June 27, 2011, 06:04:37 AM »
We should start cornering zombies and contain them in a certain area. Like we let zombies infest the north east or the south east of the map while we clear out rest of the map?

They tend to be spawned anywhere after each turn though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #227: June 27, 2011, 06:17:57 AM »
If I am not mistaken they do not spawn randomly. They slowly spread out to neighboring regions. I know this because when my town got wiped out last time I was in the bottom left corner of the map, which I cleaned out. It took zombies 3 days to to reach me. They didn't pop out of nowhere.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: June 27, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »
I heard monsters spawn in abandoned houses/buildings on the map, and spread out from there. Source: the day 22 video someone posted a link to

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: June 27, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
I've read something similar on the World Forums. Zombies will spawn around other zombies and in regions with abandoned buildings. Looking at our map, however, this doesn't seem right as a few of the buildings have less zombies than the regions around them.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: June 27, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
I've read something similar on the World Forums. Zombies will spawn around other zombies and in regions with abandoned buildings. Looking at our map, however, this doesn't seem right as a few of the buildings have less zombies than the regions around them.

Seeing they initially spawned there, they have probably moved on by now :) you should be able to tell on day 1

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #231: June 27, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »
Seeing they initially spawned there, they have probably moved on by now :) you should be able to tell on day 1

Yeah, I read about that too. That and the fact that if you kill one zombie during the day, another one in the region dismantles during the night (which really saves loads of ammo!). So you get to control them by going into a region and killing one or two guys - meaning you actually killed 2-4 - and they'll first regenerate in that region, then spread to the next.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: June 27, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
Yeah, I read about that too. That and the fact that if you kill one zombie during the day, another one in the region dismantles during the night (which really saves loads of ammo!). So you get to control them by going into a region and killing one or two guys - meaning you actually killed 2-4 - and they'll first regenerate in that region, then spread to the next.

Ohrly?

Did anyone ever try to actually kill off all zombies instead of hiding in the village? Or would it just take X days to do that, X being over the possible amount of survived days.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #233: June 27, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »
Ohrly?

Did anyone ever try to actually kill off all zombies instead of hiding in the village? Or would it just take X days to do that, X being over the possible amount of survived days.

People do kill the zombies to keep the lands clean for scavenging, but the zombies that are on the world beyond don't interfere with the number of zombies during the nightly attack.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: June 27, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
People do kill the zombies to keep the lands clean for scavenging, but the zombies that are on the world beyond don't interfere with the number of zombies during the nightly attack.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. Talk about consistency :P

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: June 27, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »

Remember that if you kill them all (most?) there's a global re-spawn, which is usually worse than what you started with.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: June 27, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
So, who wants to be my sponsor? May as well help one of you out when I register  :)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #237: June 27, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »
Oh you are joining too Harte? woo nice~ Hope we can get at least 12 people in one town :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: June 27, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
Remember that if you kill them all (most?) there's a global re-spawn, which is usually worse than what you started with.

From what I have read, the zombie count on the map are based on the size of the map times the day number.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: June 27, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Oh you are joining too Harte? woo nice~ Hope we can get at least 12 people in one town :)

Yeah, so gimme yer damn name so I can register!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)