Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 145818 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #240: June 27, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
So, who wants to be my sponsor? May as well help one of you out when I register  :)

Tom! Who's name is Balanuir :)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: June 27, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »
Name is DoctorHarte, add me to ze coalition!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #242: June 27, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
Name is DoctorHarte, add me to ze coalition!

I think we're the first two of a new coalition. :)
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: June 27, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »

Sounds good dude. Welcome folks :)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: June 27, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »

I have no idea what to do anyways. In the prairies of idiots or something. How exactly do I join your coalition, bluelake?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #245: June 27, 2011, 11:10:36 PM »
Problem is I'm a newbie too. I can even make the coalition, but I have to idea what to do with it afterwards. I'll share whatever knowledge I have, but besides that...
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: June 28, 2011, 12:18:37 AM »
I can even make the coalition, but I have to idea what to do with it afterwards.

A Coalition lets you play in the same town as the other guys in your coalition. You both have to be waiting at the same time, then as soon as one of you joins, the other person joins too. You also get a nice little chat feature.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: June 28, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
Maybe we should re-organise the coalitions?

The first is still doing good, and I really enjoy it, but maybe we could spread out the fun. The second coalition failed, I believe, and a few members started a new one? And now a third (technically fourth) coalition has been started by  Bluelake and DH.

If we would put the 'die-hards' in different coalitions, we could make sure at least two coalitions have Heroes in them. That way we can all play together, AND we'd pair the newbies to the 1337 players ;) for instance, I'd like to explain the game to the new people, but it's difficult if they're in another coalition.

Anyways; if you read up a bit online: the guides will get you quite far.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #248: June 28, 2011, 08:58:13 AM »
Maybe we should re-organise the coalitions?

If we would put the 'die-hards' in different coalitions, we could make sure at least two coalitions have Heroes in them. That way we can all play together, AND we'd pair the newbies to the 1337 players ;) for instance, I'd like to explain the game to the new people, but it's difficult if they're in another coalition.

I'd like this a lot. :) Even if only one person comes over, it'd be good enough to give us some tips on the spot. Guides are pretty good, but everyday I still face questions I don't have who to ask or with whom to discuss: newbie towns usually have lots of newbies who don't discuss, and oldies who don't have the patience to post unless we're doing something really wrong.

Anyways; if you read up a bit online: the guides will get you quite far.

By the way, I'm trying to find a construction guide of sorts, with building orders and reasons for choosing them. Have anyone see on of those? If so, link?

Cheers.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: June 28, 2011, 11:37:40 AM »
I haven't seen a construction guide, but I think it all depends on the circumstances anyway.
A base build order would be:

*Search tower and workshop on day one (crucial)
*great wall, and great pit after (if possible the Wall also on day 1)

Depending on the water supply go for pump earlier or later, and also the veggie plot. After that it's just upgrading whatever defenses you can in order to stay ahead of the zombie growth

I haven't made it past day 10 yet :) We needed emergency defenses and everything, but I think it's best to avoid those if possible, building foundations and other upgrades instead/

Though I'm having great fun where I am now, I wouldn't mind switching over. But I'd like to see some stats on who's playing first :)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #250: June 28, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
Hmm, I used to like Die2Nite until I realized that even with my friends along, I would always end up in towns with retards. Managing to play with people from BM might provide a better experience. Who's still doing this?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #251: June 28, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
lol, ain't that realistic though. In real crisis situations you'll have all types. Some would be subversive because they're super selfish, others might be too shocked by fear to do anything but take up oxygen and other resources, some might get the idea that they should turn on their fellow survivors to increase their own odds, some just turn into sheep to allow whoever screams the loudest to herd them, some scream louder and louder to gain dominion over the sheep. And apart from the aforementioned bunch of idiots, there might be one or two actually competent survivors. If they can take command of the group, the group generally succeeds. If not, then the group generally does poorly, and the competent survivor has mixed results depending on his/her actions. Too much effort into continuing to attempt helping survivors who don't want or can't be saved will often lead to the competent one going down with the rest of them. If he takes some more actions geared towards self-preservation, that often leads to the sole/very small group of survivors left standing at the end.

And this can be gained through the testimonials of survivors of disasters like plane crashes, shipwrecks, etc.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: June 28, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
Hmm, I used to like Die2Nite until I realized that even with my friends along, I would always end up in towns with retards. Managing to play with people from BM might provide a better experience. Who's still doing this?

We have two coalitions of 10 active people, and 2 other people who are currently figuring out the game and will make a coalition soonish (perhaps). This makes a total of 12 people, of which 11 play BM.

PS:I didn't even see that people used up so much AP yesterday building building foundations, portal lock and armour...

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #253: June 28, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
We have two coalitions of 10 active people
In the same town?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile