Author Topic: Dwilight has mortality?  (Read 2715 times)

Jens Namtrah

Dwilight has mortality?
« Topic Start: May 11, 2014, 02:30:45 AM »
and from assassins, no less? game has changed :-)   (for the better, IMHO )

Bit of a surprise to log back on after my shower and find my char dead from an assassin

Looks like the assassin game DOES work, Anaris ;-)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:32:50 AM by Miskel Hemmings »

Jens Namtrah

Re: Dwilight has mortality?
« Reply #1: May 11, 2014, 02:45:10 AM »
also: will the bury option come up at turn change? I don't see it anywhere, only the normal "play/quickplay/pause/delete"

actually, I wonder if he's in some sort of stasis. Information page comes up as:

"You are seriously wounded, mostly unconscious and unable to communicate or act.
The healers are trying to save you, but have not yet made much progress. Nobody knows how long it will take. You can do nothing but wait and pray to whatever gods you believe in. In your brief periods of lucidity, there's enough pain for you to almost pray for death."

but it seems that his realm got a message regarding his death
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:47:25 AM by Miskel Hemmings »

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 11, 2014, 03:11:15 AM »
Huh? The character is not dead with that message, just seriously wounded as far as I know.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #3: May 11, 2014, 03:28:52 AM »
correct. That's what I see from the information page.

However, I also see "This character is dead. You can read the news to learn about his last hours, but you can not do anything else. (You can bury him from the family screen.)" at the top of my messages, and the realm got a message saying he was dead.

My char's name & family page have "(dead)" next to them.

I assume he is dead, the other things will correct at turn. Just didn't realize there was mortality on Dwilight

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 11, 2014, 04:05:06 AM »

However, I also see "This character is dead. You can read the news to learn about his last hours, but you can not do anything else. (You can bury him from the family screen.)" at the top of my messages, and the realm got a message saying he was dead.

I assume he is dead, the other things will correct at turn. Just didn't realize there was mortality on Dwilight
There isn't mortality, this must be a bug.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #5: May 11, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »
actually, the message about his stabbing also says seriously wounded, but a character in realm wrote what certainly sounds like a eulogy.

if there's anyone from Luria that can check what's going on, I'll file a bug report after turn change.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #6: May 11, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »
well, after turn, aside from the (dead) label & message about being dead, everything else is behaving as seriously wounded.

I'll let him sit a couple of days, see if his wounds heal

maybe he'll come back as the game's first zombie

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #7: May 11, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
ok, so the actual message was:

"Knight temporarily absent   (5 hours, 47 minutes ago)
An assassination attempt on Earon Hemmings, Knight of Askileon Purlieus has left him mortally wounded."

glad I was experienced enough to ask before deleting him. wonder how many have made that mistake?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 11, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »
When it says mortally wounded, I believe a critical wound was inflicted. I don't see the char as dead, just critically wounded.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:59:51 AM by Stabbity »
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 11, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »
Andraste would love to see him dead. But a zombie with an unique scar which says "From Fissoa with Love" alongside the so called Beavers and Rears of Luria would be much better for her.

Coming back to the player, if you are seeing the dead message then its a bug. Earon is seriously wounded, give him a couple of turns and I'm sure he shall be walking again.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:14:15 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #10: May 11, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
Andraste would love to see him dead. But a zombie with an unique scar which says "From Fissoa with Love" alongside the so called Beavers and Rears of Luria would be much better for her.

i doubt he'll waste much time interacting with Andraste anymore. that type of character s just tiresome

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 11, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »

Agh. Sorry about this; I thought I'd squashed the last of these spurious reports of death years ago.

Mortality is not currently enabled on any island. It will be enabled on the War Island when that goes live, but that won't be for a couple of weeks yet.

Update: OK, I think I have fixed the display issues this time around, but this definitely shows me some stuff I'm going to have to work on in the next week and a bit to get ready for the War Island...

In any case, you should now no longer be seeing your character as "dead".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:51:22 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #12: May 11, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »
yep, he is switched to "dying" now - which I think is a correct display for "in really bad shape - come back next week". Everything else working as expected for someone seriously wounded

EDIT: the "your character is dead banner" at the top is still there, I don't see any other issues
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:51:58 PM by Miskel Hemmings »