Author Topic: Priest Game Issues?  (Read 27707 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Priest Game Issues?
« Reply #15: September 05, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
That precisely why I have no interest in volunteering to help with BM code, and I imagine a lot of the other programmers who read these forums feel more or less the same.

I don't think you realize how quickly experienced programmers can write good code, and how unattractive it is to us to join a project where we can't apply those things.
You just don't listen, do you?

Not a single person here has ever told you that BattleMaster will never implement any kind of testing because: 1) we don't want to, 2)we don't think it will help, or 3) that we don't need it. What we've said is that the *current* team, which consists almost exclusively of a single volunteer, can't do it for various reasons that you have chosen to simply dismiss and/or ignore.

Given the reality of our current situation it cannot happen. Anaris already told you this: "If you want to join the dev team to do that, and have the skills required, then I'd be willing to bring you on at least on a provisional basis. (Only Tom can make the final approval of dev team members.)" If it's as simple and basic to get started as you seem to be implying, then surely it would only take a minimal effort from you, right?

So here's your chance to help solve what you have identified as a critical deficiency of BattleMaster development. You can either choose to help fix it and get the dev team on track with writing better code, or you can continue to write lengthy posts about how everyone not doing it your way is doing it wrong, and not do a single thing to actually help improve things. Either way, I'm doing with this topic.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.