Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89918 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #75: November 23, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »
I can't help but feel targeted by that. I've had my characters wish all kinds of murderous and vile things on Maya, often in public after a battle. Honestly, it's just an expression of how he'd feel, feeling personally betrayed and threatened, with all bridges burned, while at the same time arguing politics before a continental audience. I don't think I've let that attitude spill over OOCly, but if I did, I apologize.

Either way, I'm sorry that the player of the Tandaros family saw this sort of attitude as a reason to quit, especially since I feel we had a pretty decent and civil relationship before the last betrayal, which did merit an extreme reaction from my perspective. Aside from that, a culture of superiority has developed in Thalmarkin, which may not come across very friendly but it's certainly not meant to be taken as that OOC. It's years of victories that has led to it, and we've chosen to cultivate it and to make it policy. In stead of the current war we could be "winners" and continue a diplomatic policy that saw us allied with all the great powers and just pommel the weaker realms but we've chosen ultimate arrogance in an effort to firstly, not sit still ourselves, and secondly arouse a huge coalition against us. This from a meta-perspective, IC it is the continuation of the same story we've been building for years. One of militarism, unyielding principles, strong-willed characters and, these last years, adoration for our king. Through that we've created what I believe to be a fun atmosphere in our realm and it was our intention to spread it outside our borders as well by bringing war, conflict and a new "imperial" dynamic.

But then... Tandaros' quitting tells me somewhere along the road we've failed so - inside the lines of the IC possible - I'd be interested to hear what suggestions there are to increase the fun for all on this continent. We won't stop trying to win, that'd take all of the fun out of the game but I hope everyone knows that winning does not come by grace of devs or admins and had Tandaros played in the realms he accuses of such things, the idea would sound as ridiculous to him as it does to me.

Anyway, maybe this is not the right place to reply to that message, maybe it shouldn't be answered at all but I felt that a reaction was in order. If only to share different perspectives, and hopefully learn from them to make our continent more fun for all.