Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89538 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #120: December 09, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »
Announcement:

King Immanuel has announced the dissolution of the realm of Melhed and his intention to abdicate to allow the lords and dukes of the realm to do as they see fit.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: December 09, 2014, 01:00:39 AM »
I largely stayed out of the military bits, mostly functionary stuff like the SC and courtier business. Then Immanuel asks Mavia to do something diplomatic. Frankly, I'm surprised Fingolfin (The character, not the player) Even replied.

So now she's doing everything she can to make it work and its...not going well.

We took the offer as an opportunity for the realm to think of humiliating surrender terms, which was quite fun. :)
There was a lot of opposition, but also people with ambitions towards a post in Melhed or simply those who prefer humiliation to destruction (like myself). So, Fingolfin distilled the ideas and made a counter-proposal. But yeah, things don't seem to be going well now... :P

Announcement:

King Immanuel has announced the dissolution of the realm of Melhed and his intention to abdicate to allow the lords and dukes of the realm to do as they see fit.

That's pretty interesting. :)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: December 09, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »
And Immanuel has now abdicated - apparently Fronepu duchy is planning to join Ar Agyr.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: December 09, 2014, 12:01:32 PM »
The war should end soon then.

With Melhed gone, and Fronen also offering peace, I don't see much of how the war will continue.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: December 09, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »
There is still IVF, Nothoi and Rio... Will be long distance war, but this time battlefields are not on our lands.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: December 09, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »
I can't see any of those three staying in the war much longer now that they no longer have allies to defend. And Nothoi is the only one which needs to worry about being invaded - Rio and IVF should be more than capable of beating any forces which reach them.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: December 09, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to put that to the test.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: December 09, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
There is still Spearhold which will enter now that Melhed has left, and who knows what Caelum will do.

But yeah, now the war will be on the North's terms more than before.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: December 09, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »
Nothoi and Rio and IVF both supported destruction of AA. That will not be forgotten. One, or two, or three just does not simply...

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: December 09, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
If Spearhold enters the war again, we might have a chance, because Nothoi won't be so open as before and Thalmarkin would shift its attention to them....

It would still be interesting to see what Caellum does.

Isn't AA basically just part of Thal? Can't see them as a real realm
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: December 09, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »
Isn't AA basically just part of Thal? Can't see them as a real realm

Thats exactly what people keep repeating and believing. We are allied with Thalmarkin sure, but no way we are same realm. We are forced to be bonded together with all this crap south & Melhed have thrown on AA, but we are not federated... AA owes helluwa lot to Thalmarkin for its help and support. And AA recognizes Fingolfin as King of Kings at times of invasion.

But if Thalmarkin says that "Duke Bob is the !@#$! Replace him with Lorgan!" You can bet you will see Thalmarkin fall down! :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: December 09, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
Aww. :(

I think it's pretty funny that Thal's banner is a bear and AA's a guy wielding a club, riding a bear. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: December 09, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
If everyone goes to peace, there's a limit to how much Caelum can do.

It may now have the second-most nobles, but is still weakest militarily and will need some time to catch up. The more realms are at peace, the greater the odds of a collection of them gang-banging whoever dares start a new war, because hey, BM players seem to like doing that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: December 09, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
Thats exactly what people keep repeating and believing. We are allied with Thalmarkin sure, but no way we are same realm. We are forced to be bonded together with all this crap south & Melhed have thrown on AA, but we are not federated... AA owes helluwa lot to Thalmarkin for its help and support. And AA recognizes Fingolfin as King of Kings at times of invasion.

But if Thalmarkin says that "Duke Bob is the !@#$! Replace him with Lorgan!" You can bet you will see Thalmarkin fall down! :)

This is not what it looks like, specially when you see the messages from the ruler.

the image that AA passes is that you are only an extension of Thalmarkin. A realm created to manage the regions that would be too far away for them to take care without problems

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: December 09, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
AA were created, cause Cosula family have strong claim over Thalmarkin rulership. Cosula's have not threaten power of Fingolfin and they have gotten along well. But OO never let King Fingolfin forget that he has claim on Thalmarkins throne.

Melheds war declaration was like a gift to King Fingolfin, he promised that if Melhed is slain, OO can fill his claim over Agyr(which comes from old realm Ar Agyr which King his grandfather Julma Jaune was) and thus he get riddoff possible threat incase elections happens.

OO also had a bit tight relations with Pyrix who was judge of  Thalmarkin and there was every now and then bitter words thrown between.

Dont get this wrong, AA loves Thalmarkin... but OO is mad enough to resist Thalmarkin if there is reason for that.

One funny thing is that there was a lot people who disliked Immanuel at Thalmarkin, so OO invited him to join Ar Agyr and promised him any region he wish to have outside Agyr... But Immanuel started to be pain in the butt, whiny and tried to push his religion as state religion. Real troubles started after OO declined that.