Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89536 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #150: December 09, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »
Yes, it is 2800 hits. But a unit of good sf that size should be able to do a lot more than that in one hit, ranged or melee.  I've seen 29 sf do over 1200 in one hit. 120 should be able to double that.

I'm not saying this unit sucks. I'm just saying the attacks posted here are not anywhere near what this unit can really do.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: December 09, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »
Yes, it is 2800 hits. But a unit of good sf that size should be able to do a lot more than that in one hit, ranged or melee.  I've seen 29 sf do over 1200 in one hit. 120 should be able to double that.

I'm not saying this unit sucks. I'm just saying the attacks posted here are not anywhere near what this unit can really do.

Well, it is marked as 1900 CS.

My 1000 CS MI shot for 450 hits, so... 1700 hits for less than double the CS sounds pretty good.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: December 09, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
That's MI.  We're talking about SF.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: December 09, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »
Crazy Insane Ballistic Hooligans (11) fire on Existential Crisis. (3), scoring 1959 hits.

Thats biggest hit i was able to find from my messages... but oh boy the amount of wounded nobles he had caused :D

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: December 09, 2014, 10:24:23 PM »
I can imagine.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: December 09, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
The range 5 SF is great, and very practical... but I've always wanted to see him lead a cavalry charge. :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #156: December 09, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
The range 5 SF is great, and very practical... but I've always wanted to see him lead a cavalry charge. :P
NEVAH! HE SHALL NOT BREAK MY RECORD!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: December 09, 2014, 11:03:43 PM »
Hiems (10) score 4695 hits. A 101 men cavalry unit of Astrum led by Kihalin Lapallanch, Strategos of Astrum, Count of Ammando in a small skirmish against a 356 men peasant militia unit of the Farronite Republic, 25 August 2013.

You and Sergio were doing some massive damage back then...

Zakilevo

« Reply #158: December 09, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »
You and Sergio were doing some massive damage back then...

Well we were the only ones leading big cavalry units. Him and I had 200 cavalry between us. Good times. Too bad Sergio wasn't that talkative.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: December 10, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »
One funny thing is that there was a lot people who disliked Immanuel at Thalmarkin, so OO invited him to join Ar Agyr and promised him any region he wish to have outside Agyr... But Immanuel started to be pain in the butt, whiny and tried to push his religion as state religion. Real troubles started after OO declined that.

Sorry, have to disagree here. The trouble started way before then with the way you, as a player, ran the realm and made it pretty dull and boring.

For example, you never filled in the realm summary or the welcome message for new characters - it was only after Melhed's first surrender when I had to join the realm as part of the peace treaty in order to be banned that you filled them in and only then because I sent an OOC message to the realm about it.

And generally you ran (don't know about now) a silent realm. You might have been having lots of interesting conversations with other rulers but even those of us on the realm council didn't hear about it. OOCly, the reason I tried pushing for Sartanism to become the state religion was just to try and create some liveliness in the realm. That's also the reason why my characters offered to pay for a tournament (an offer which was just ignored).

ICly, the reason why Immanuel got "whiny" was because he was general and yet, more often than not, you'd just give orders to the army yourself making his position entirely redundant. That was why he resigned as general and that, along with the decision to apparently become a vassal of Thalmarkin, was what made him decide that Melhed would be a better bet - and OOC I chose Melhed just because it was less deathly boring.

Now, from what I can gather, AA is far more interesting now but that's largely thanks to an influx of new characters following the war starting and thanks to the player of Sir Bob stepping up to the plate and being a good general as well as developing his character to become a military legend thanks to his age and his huge, huge SF unit.

But, speaking as a player, all the problems in AA stemmed from the realm being boring with you as ruler because you didn't put even the bare minimum amount of effort in to creating a realm. I consider that shoddy and lazy and is exactly what I dislike most in the game - players of rulers who don't work to make their realm fun.

I'm saying this not to have a go at you per se but rather to try and remind you that, now you have one of the largest realms on the continent, you might want to try upping your game a little.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: December 10, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
I pretty much joined because you said it was boring and I wanted to change that. I just went in with a supportive but assertive attitude, said stuff, got quick reaction and I think we got things going. Most of it might of course already have been rolling and the urgency the war created obviously aided in that responsiveness. I mean, it's not like I'd come online to loads of AA messages but it definitely wasn't silent either. It's just hard to make a realm of around 10 people feel truly alive. There's simply not enough people to interact with.
Then, again, that also made it quite laid back and fun. I didn't have to say anything but I knew that I'd always get reaction when I did and that people cared. It makes you feel pretty important when you're only one out of 10 responsible for keeping the realm going. :)
And the responsiveness was evident in army movement as well, AA always impressed me for a realm it's size. But I guess we're back to Bob's huge unit then. :P
Now it's kinda different though we'll see how lasting it all is. :)

I suppose Jaune changed his way of ruling a bit (though I guess he was busy in your times, weren't it the last months of Darka?), he's definitely shared things on multiple occasions after recalling your complaints. But overall, I like Jaune because I know he'll stir up stuff. That's why I really wanted him to lead a BT realm again (aside from using his family claim to war Melhed. :) ). I still remember my first(and only? geez) ruling stint in OG with Julma Jaune, king of tiny Thal writing silly messages on the ruling channel provoking Enweil, demanding they'd suck his socks... Then going down there, getting killed in a duel till death. :P Then swearing eternal vengeance upon Enweil for this "murder" with that character's son.
Aaanyway... you see where I'm getting at, as a realm, I know we'll have things to do with jaune as ruler. And that is, aside from the politics etc, still a lot of BM's fun for me.

Edit: Nevermind that "only", forgot Rio for a moment there. Sorry guys! :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:56:20 PM by Lorgan »

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: December 10, 2014, 11:00:20 PM »
That's all very well but there really is no excuse for taking the best part of an RL year to fill in the new character message - imagine what a rubbish impression that must give to anyone relatively new to the game.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: December 10, 2014, 11:03:21 PM »
That's not really an issue on BT though. Aside from flavour - which I do agree, we can never have enough of - those messages are only good to show people the first steps of the game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: December 11, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
That's not really an issue on BT though. Aside from flavour - which I do agree, we can never have enough of - those messages are only good to show people the first steps of the game.

I don't quite agree. Realm bulletins have a strong effect on the atmosphere of a realm. When the realm can't even bothered to have decent and semi-recent bulletins, it makes one skeptical about the rest. First impressions are important, and bulletins can quickly reduce the confidence newcomers have towards the realm leadership, even if that player isn't a newbie.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: December 11, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
So is Melhed coming to Caelum? We could become the most populous realm of BT, maybe? :D

All of your defections are making AA catch up with us! :(