Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89897 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #180: December 18, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »
Duchy Changes Allegiance   (8 days, 16 hours ago)
message to Everyone on Beluaterra
the Province of Melhed has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Ar Agyr. The duchy used to belong to Melhed.

Duchy Changes Allegiance   (2 days, 16 hours ago)
Carmel has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Nothoi. The duchy used to belong to Fronen.

Duchy Changes Allegiance   (just in)
Sypher has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Ar Agyr. The duchy used to belong to Fronen.

So... thats 2 realms gone, and AA just jumped from 6-7 regions to 16 regions (would have been 18 if Thal didnt maange to take 2 regions from Melhed before they switched side).

Its still very hard to see where this is going :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: December 18, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
Holy...

Chaoooos. But yeah, AA grew substantially, so did Nothoi and from the ashes of 4 realms rise two big ones with a lot more nobles. Certainly not a bad thing for overall conversational fun on BT. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: December 18, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
Fronen just dissolved itself on its own... wow.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: December 18, 2014, 02:35:33 PM »
In fairness, Vitus can take all the credit for Fronen dissolving. Making peace with the north? Fair enough. Unilaterally changing the government system to make all positions appointed by the ruler without even warning people first? Yeah, that'll piss people off and make them leave.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: December 18, 2014, 02:51:09 PM »
In fairness, Vitus can take all the credit for Fronen dissolving. Making peace with the north? Fair enough. Unilaterally changing the government system to make all positions appointed by the ruler without even warning people first? Yeah, that'll piss people off and make them leave.

Or, you know, revolt?

If the people had cared for the realm, they wouldn't have let that destroy it. Protests would have surely worked, though rebellion might have as well. None of the changes he did was hard to undo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: December 18, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
I think the basic problem was that one region lord defected and then that then triggered a stampede as that became the obvious action rather than protesting or rebelling.

Yes, Fronen was in a very bad way, but it was Vitus who pushed it over the edge.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: December 18, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
It was really odd. I think only two lords contacted me about the move, the rest came following them.

Some of them might return to Fronen after the reformation.

Now comes one question: Will Thalmarkin continue to support Fronen is Immanuel is elected ruler?
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: December 18, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »
It was really odd. I think only two lords contacted me about the move, the rest came following them.

Some of them might return to Fronen after the reformation.

Now comes one question: Will Thalmarkin continue to support Fronen is Immanuel is elected ruler?

Thalmarkin should just stomp Fronen. A realm who cares so little to exist does not deserve to continue existing.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: December 18, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
I'm actually thinking of trying an experiment as a city state realm - buying food on the market with no army to speak of but a massive number of militia. I don't know how it would work out long term but it could be interesting to try out to see what it's like.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: December 18, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »
Spent a few weeks in a city-state realm on EC. Incredibly boring.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: December 18, 2014, 09:26:05 PM »
Spent a few weeks in a city-state realm on EC. Incredibly boring.

Boring, as he said.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: December 19, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
Yeah, you really wouldn't have anyone to talk to. Except people who really don't care to talk to you, because they have more important people to talk to. Like their own realm mates. 
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: December 19, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »

Thats a tricky one indeed! No idea and I suppose it depends on how things turn out. Right now I strongly doubt there would be any peace between us, but that may depend on AA as much as us.

I would say that most Thalmarkians (though even more so Ar Agyrians) would be extremely happy to kill anything Immanuel touches. But well, one thing at a time! We have a new behemoth to punch!
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: December 20, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
Eh this war may prove unworkable if the entire population of every region shows up to fight after less than a day of looting.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: December 20, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
Eh this war may prove unworkable if the entire population of every region shows up to fight after less than a day of looting.

Not really. Dead peasants hurts.