Author Topic: Attack on Sasrhas!  (Read 63919 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Attack on Sasrhas!
« Reply #90: January 15, 2015, 02:08:42 AM »
Going to reply a bit to De-Legro's responses that have backed up...quote spam warning. I promise it's over.

Except that your suggestion here is that Arcaea break up so everyone can go about their merry way without having to have done anything. So while it doesn't strictly prevent other groups from taking action on their own, it eliminates the need to via free-pass.

I don't disagree that the FEI needs a way out, but I vehemently disagree with the way you're suggesting.

So don't support them?

We agree that the player mindset needs to be changed, and that it needs to focus on making the game more engaging, but we still diverge when it comes to implementation. It's too late to start thinking about what's fun for everyone once the island is in a swamp. Folks needed to be thinking about that before. Fun for everyone starts with what you yourself can do to make the game fun. Expecting someone else to preform some balance-fu after the fact if people aren't happy with where their decisions led them is just...wrong.

I'm guessing we have different interpretations of allow. As to preventing escalation and gang bangs, it kind of sounds like they intended to do that too.

Except now the war is shaping up to be everyone vs the two originating realms, yeah sure no gang bang there at all, for the first war since the empire was formed.

We agree that the player mindset needs to be changed, and that it needs to focus on making the game more engaging, but we still diverge when it comes to implementation. It's too late to start thinking about what's fun for everyone once the island is in a swamp. Folks needed to be thinking about that before. Fun for everyone starts with what you yourself can do to make the game fun. Expecting someone else to preform some balance-fu after the fact if people aren't happy with where their decisions led them is just...wrong.

Those with the greatest power have the greatest responsibility in regards to fun and balance. That has always been the case, and is one of the key responsibilities to those whom hold council positions. Realms that have greater power on an island, no matter how they came by it by extension end up with even greater responsibility then the same positions in other realms, simply because in general they have more opportunity to do so.

If the empire model looked like working, then Arcaea being the biggest fish in a small pond would be less of an issue. The fact that the first war since the founding of the empire is already degenerating into another continent wide war shows that what people thought they were buying into is not working out in reality, thus something needs to be done to redress that before the damage to motivation really gets under way.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.