Author Topic: Sharing lords gold, whats up with that?  (Read 29768 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing lords gold, whats up with that?
« Reply #45: June 09, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
It is a perfectly acceptable stance, but I wonder what can then bankers do. Already now the majority of them are bent on gaining gold one way or another rather than helping the realm so much, given that their possibilities to fetch food are limited to the interaction with foreign bankers, which in turn may not have any control on food.

Therefore if the bankers are unable to understand what's going on with food, that is not only in the hands of the Lords practically but also as an informative matter - so that bankers would be spoiled of their organizing-overseeing-controlling task too, I really don't see any reasonable task for them

Also if you may allow me to be the annoying guy here, I don't think the forum should be used as a way to give people informations on trade. One nice thing of dwilight is the sheer number of trading guilds that were created, and I know of many people that moved chars for very long trips only for the sake of finding the right contacts. I understand that what's written here is ooc but we all know how things can go. I believe we should discuss generic matters and not detailed ones about who buys food where and how etc

Bankers are practically useless nowadays. They lost their main powers, and their other important powers are mostly also present in others (rulers have tax options). I wouldn't really so no to having them merged into the ruler position anymore, last time I played a banker I found the experience to be very unsatisfying. Their only use is to be able to see the big picture. Just give dukes the power to get a copy of the big picture for a few coins, and you've got that covered.

I have advertized D'Hara's offers on these guilds various times. But not everyone is part of them, and I don't feel it bad for people to OOC know that there is a place where trading is taken completely differently.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron