Author Topic: East Continent vs. Far East  (Read 12007 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: East Continent vs. Far East
« Reply #30: April 28, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »
The subset of rulers is quite small, many of them constantly complain about the political system we are currently left with. If such a small and experienced group of players can't collectively sort out jumping on each others wars, there is little the greater player base is going to be able to do to resolve this.
I fully agree. Which is why I, leading Eponllyn, have made it a practice to not interfere in other people's wars. We've not had a lot of wars lately, but the players in Eponllyn seem willing to wait it out for a little while, until the right war can come along.

The statistics don't lie, either BM gets a paradigm shift, or it continues to die. We can "correct" the density issue all we want, that is not magically going to correct the entrenched mindset of those that rule and guide the realms, and without that great density isn't going to mean all that much in the long run.
Sure. But telling people to ignore politics and just start wars, isn't helping anything. It's not the people starting the wars that are the problem. It's the people that can't help themselves from tagging along. The people that have no other rationale for war than "We support our allies!" The people that won't even talk to you unless they're backed by a coalition of friends that negotiate as an inseparable team.

The way to get people to start wars is for other players to *choose* to not turn it into a one-sided gank-fest. I know for a fact that there are realms who would love to be fighting wars on AT, but can't do it because they'll get smacked down hard and fast. Kudos to Minas Leon and Talerium for having the balls to actually fight a war without trying to bring in the entire island on their sides.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.