Author Topic: the conflict looming  (Read 59572 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: the conflict looming
« Reply #135: July 29, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
It seems like this thread got taken over by a rehash of the invasion rather than talking about current events on Beluaterra. Can't that go to its own thread?

From my perspective, it looks like Thalmarkin and Nothoi would be the most able to take on new lands. They have the most favorable noble to region ratios. So, I would expect them to be looking for a fight. From the military build up by Nothoi, I guess they've sorted out their monster and undead problems. Fronen will probably regret not giving them the nudge it would have taken to make them collapse a few months ago.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: July 29, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
Yeah, we managed to sort our monster problem, a few still shows but now it´s controlable.

Fronen wanted to make us a puppet realm for their will and didn´t showed us respect, now we´ll see...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: July 29, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
It seems like this thread got taken over by a rehash of the invasion rather than talking about current events on Beluaterra. Can't that go to its own thread?

From my perspective, it looks like Thalmarkin and Nothoi would be the most able to take on new lands. They have the most favorable noble to region ratios. So, I would expect them to be looking for a fight. From the military build up by Nothoi, I guess they've sorted out their monster and undead problems. Fronen will probably regret not giving them the nudge it would have taken to make them collapse a few months ago.

Fronen's policy has been nothing short of schizophrenic for months now. Bara'khur's collapse really screwed us over. Fronen's ruler has very lofty aspirations, but is a terrible politician. So far as I can tell, she has successfully alienated every one of our neighbors except for Enweil. And, she has no idea what's coming.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: July 29, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
To be honest, Fronen´s ruler started nicelly but became really arrogant with time, and even wanted to interfere in Nothoi´s internal politics complaining about our alliance with OG.

Arrogance was beeing Fronen biggest problem.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: July 29, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Fronen complaining about Nothoi's alliance to Old Grehk isn't exactly "internal politics". That' international diplomacy. Who you elect as your judge, or appoint as a region lord is internal politics.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: July 29, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
To be honest, Fronen´s ruler started nicelly but became really arrogant with time, and even wanted to interfere in Nothoi´s internal politics complaining about our alliance with OG.

Arrogance was beeing Fronen biggest problem.

I would agree that that is the heart of our problem. As I said, she has very lofty aspirations but is a terrible politician. Her arrogance is going to cost us.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: July 29, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
Fronen complaining about Nothoi's alliance to Old Grehk isn't exactly "internal politics". That' international diplomacy. Who you elect as your judge, or appoint as a region lord is internal politics.

thank you for the correction.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: July 29, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to comment on the right or wrong of the situation. Just that the terminology is a bit off.

I often hear various people complain about other realms meddling in their internal politics. But they don't really mean internal politics. If you're allied to my enemy, then that directly affects me. So I should be concerned about it, and try to get you to change. But who you select as the lord of a townsland, or as your general, is really none of my business.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #143: July 29, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
I would agree that that is the heart of our problem. As I said, she has very lofty aspirations but is a terrible politician. Her arrogance is going to cost us.
She doesn't even listen what my character tells her.. and my char is a general. She is way too focused on her ambitious little plans :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: July 29, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »
So you fell for their propaganda.  Gotcha.  The Undead gave similar propaganda.  That didn't make any of it true.

Uh, no, fact? What realms did the monsters protect from the attacks of the daimons? The monster presence in the west was so marginal its meaningless. Undead neither fought monsters nor undead.

Did the daimons want to wipe out everyone? Sure. That doesn't change the fact that they were also the only ones to help some humans survive against the other invaders, which is more than can be said for the other invaders.

The alliance with the daimons was not an ideological one, it was a strategical one. If the daimons had gained a considerable advantage over the monsters and shown signs of being able to single-handedly defeat both other invading factions, we would have turned on them then. The goal was to make invaders fight invaders as much as possible, and for this we did succeed to make the daimons fight human realms less than they otherwise would have.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: July 30, 2011, 02:53:58 AM »
Baah! Someone declare war already! Maybe I'll unpause my character there and continue playing.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #146: July 30, 2011, 03:12:19 AM »

+100

Baah! Someone declare war already! Maybe I'll unpause my character there and continue playing.

+100

Sounds like a typical BM situation - a handful of people chatting in councils and ruler channels and telling everyone "we can't always be at war" while most players on the island sit on their thumbs and wait.

Players concerned about player retention should think about this issue as well.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: July 30, 2011, 03:37:17 AM »
Sounds like a typical BM situation - a handful of people chatting in councils and ruler channels and telling everyone "we can't always be at war" while most players on the island sit on their thumbs and wait.

Players concerned about player retention should think about this issue as well.

That is about as far from what is actually happening as it could be. Before you make sweeping negative generalizations, maybe you should acquaint yourself better with the facts.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #148: July 30, 2011, 03:53:05 AM »
That is about as far from what is actually happening as it could be. Before you make sweeping negative generalizations, maybe you should acquaint yourself better with the facts.

That's why I've been following this meaningless, meandering thread for nearly 2 months - to acquaint myself with "the facts".

The facts as near as I can tell is for at least two months there's been nothing but chatter about "the conflict looming " from a small group of people in the know. Do you have more info you'd like to share with us, so we can decide if it would be fun to play there or not?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: July 30, 2011, 04:01:37 AM »
No one is sharing much detail on this thread, so it's less than illuminating. There is a coalition forming in the north to attack Fronen. It's taken longer than I was expecting, but it's not because the people in power don't want war. You'd have to ask them about exactly what's taking so long, but things should come to a head very soon. Nothoi's army is massing on our borders, which I doubt they would do if things weren't going to explode shortly.