Author Topic: Rebellions, real upheavals  (Read 6743 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellions, real upheavals
« Topic Start: June 13, 2011, 06:50:23 AM »
Does Royal status stay after a rebellion?  If it does, should it?  After all, the rebellion is throwing out the legitimacy of the previous government, which seems like it would extend to those given protections by the old regime.

I'm pretty sure it does.

Not all rebellions are about replacing the entire structure of government, though. Sometimes rebellions are against "usurpers" to "restore" the government to its proper people, so I think removing all royal statuses goes a little too far, at least if mandatory. I would rather favour either an special temporary option for the ruler to ban people such as rulers (perhaps only amongst the loyalists) or the strip only to occur if the rebel leader changes government systems (and an actual change, as right now if you had a monarchy and chose monarchy after the rebellion, the game states you "changed" or "reformed" your government into a monarchy, despite it already being one).

In other words, a way for rebels to deal with royals would be fair as long as there's a way for them to let them keep their royal statuses as well. 'cause who knows, some of these royals might be allies, and making all rebellions strip royal statuses might make these royals forever oppose any rebellion in the future out of fear of losing their own rank, even if they'd have otherwise supported the rebellion. After all, not all royals always stem from the ruling clan.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron