Author Topic: East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan  (Read 67070 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Allow me to break this down a bit more rational and logical than GundanMerc.

North is kinda screwed up. It will take a while to do anything with it. And I'm sure we'll get there.

The fact that it will take a while is actually more reason to start doing it now, rather than later. In fact, this entire line of argumentation speaks in favor of warring in the north rather than the south, as you do now, and without doing anything (cause you aren't in this case) nothing will happen. Of that I'm sure!

I'm actually disappointed we had to make this detour although I do recognize it was necessary.

Allow me to explain next why this wasn't necessary and therefore further increase your disappointment.

The South on the other hand looks very interesting and fresh. There's a lot of potential there and I'd just hate to see it turn into a boring dominate. I honestly believe we're helping the server in general by not letting Xavax finish off Alara.
Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

I am of the opinion that this is indeed exactly what Caligus (and Fallangard in a way) are doing. They brought the war against Xavax to a point where it would be more even again in terms of noble count and force. With those forces, the war would have actually been fun and the south would have enjoyed it. What Perdan has done however (and what I still expect Caligus to do tbh, but that is beyond this specific point) is to massively uneven this war, making sure one side has way more nobles and income and strength than the other. This will only hasten the end of the fun and actually ruin the fun of other players in my humble opinion.

The south was indeed interesting before Perdan also entered and with that scenario (Vix and Fallangard also entering) I don't see it reasonable for Xavax to destroy any nation as they won't have the forces to break the walls and fight everyone. Breaking the walls of Itorunt would have been extremely difficult even when Xavax was dominating. Now with Vix/Fallangard entering this would have become near impossible. So Perdan in fact is saving nobody, for in the situation you entered, Alara would not have been destroyed.

I also would like to make it clear that the only realm that is currently trying to completely destroy another realm is Xavax.

That is completely rediculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with GundanMerc and that happens rarely. Sirion has been trying to completely destroy Oligarch since the beginning (yet another reason apparently why you would war the north). Caligus in fact tried to help Sirion destroy Oligarch, first in the siege at the beginning and even now again. You think that they're there just to have a good laugh? In addition, Caligus has been attempting to wipe out Fallangard since the beginning of that realm as well. The only reason they stopped actively pursuing that, is because Perdan and Eponllyn forcefully made them stop through war. So in fact Caligus is now trying to destroy 2 nations as we speak (Oligarch, by actively helping Sirion and Fallangard) so should they then not be your target?

Do you agree that several strong realms are better than one huge one and a few underfed toadies like Fallangard?

I would prefer a lot of underfed toadies like Fallangard as you call it and wage a lot of none-complete-destruction warfare, but realize that won't happen. What I then would like is to have a more dynamic diplomacy, so wars actually become fun and more around. With a few large strong realms who have much to lose and little to gain and have to look at 2 allies before they move, I believe that would be the way to ruin a continent.

As far as I am aware neither Perdan nor Vix has destroying Xavax or reducing Fallangard to one region as their goals. Where did that come from?

Not yet, but neither did Perdan plan to take Perdan City from Eponllyn and reduce them to almost nothing. If you may remember, that war was about passage rights to assault Sirion, which you've now got, but still it happened.

In addition, the destruction of Fallangard part is directed at Caligus who is rather desperately trying to end their commitment to the war against Oligarch and the only logical step is them joining your war also to wipe out Fallangard, or at least back to only their capital.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela