Author Topic: Firebrand society  (Read 6542 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Firebrand society
« Topic Start: May 20, 2016, 09:14:39 AM »
So far I have spent a lot of time trying to keep things more entertaining and agree everyone (at least those in power) should try so, however I am not a big fan of OOC planning all these things unless you really have to.
Yeah, you're cool. *pat on the back*
But I'm talking not as much about OOC planning as about overall coordination, involvement and information exchange. Including religions, btw.
This is what I've been trying to encourage Religions to be used for, for many months. A community of people discussing and enforcing certain virtues where they have influence. Too many see Religions as either just theological roleplay that very very few are actually interested in or with modern perspectives of tolerance, religion being personal, atheism etc. In my opinion, it should be how players discuss OOC concerns via IC religious language.
Yes, it's all well and good but it is simply a closed club without OOC coordination. Not because you guys are exclusive, mind you, there are simply some objective restrictions like IG communication issues for example.
Here's a good example to illustrate my point. The old kingdom of Fissoa was pretty much bereft of any religious presence. Just like yourself I saw merit in reviving faith's presence in the realm. I started demolishing old Astroist temples across the isles because there were actually no Astroist priests or even laymen in the realm. Immediately I started receiving letters from Astroist priests from all across Dwilight demanding explanations. My answer to each of them was "Please send a priest here to proselytize. We are open for all faiths as long as they are active. All temples will be rebuilt if there are actual followers in the realm."
Needless to say there was no further reaction. Like zero interaction followed.
How does a realm embrace a religion if they have no contact with it IG? We need mechanisms to involve people in stuff and get involved. Maybe we need to start with OOC communication?