Author Topic: Firebrand society  (Read 6537 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Firebrand society
« Topic Start: May 22, 2016, 05:17:25 AM »
...there are simply some objective restrictions like IG communication issues for example.
Here's a good example to illustrate my point. The old kingdom of Fissoa was pretty much bereft of any religious presence. Just like yourself I saw merit in reviving faith's presence in the realm. I started demolishing old Astroist temples across the isles because there were actually no Astroist priests or even laymen in the realm. Immediately I started receiving letters from Astroist priests from all across Dwilight demanding explanations. My answer to each of them was "Please send a priest here to proselytize. We are open for all faiths as long as they are active. All temples will be rebuilt if there are actual followers in the realm."
Needless to say there was no further reaction. Like zero interaction followed.
How does a realm embrace a religion if they have no contact with it IG? We need mechanisms to involve people in stuff and get involved.
Self-imposed restrictions. It seems backwards to me to destroy temples/guildhouses with relations to the rest of the continent and isolate yourself in order to revive faith in the realm? How are they supposed to join if you make it more difficult for people to join religions? I do vaguely recall this and as I recall, you were demanding a priest join the realm. Which is another self-imposed restriction which makes it more difficult to expand. And rather than expect perfection from others and then not engage with them, you could try working *with* people to improve, because none of us are ideal, shining stars of players. As I said in a previous post, I do not claim ESA is perfect; just a group of people trying to make improvement. Just like other groups like Daisha or wherever else is doing well. Improvement will not be made by constantly creating new, smaller, isolated entities. To have an effect, it needs to be able to interact with others not isolate themselves away from others.

As a programmer, I always want to throw code at things, but I wonder if some sort of In Game TODO list or other system to prompt people would help. Or just some way of poking people on things more often. I'm sure most of it is just players who don't devote so much time to the game & don't using the bookmarking to follow up.
This might not be so bad, to have some sort of TODO list/reminder-message. Propose it on the proper board for discussion?

Old Astroist? I'm sorry, but ESA is hardly old.
They were SA temples closed. Seoras spoke up to their defense on basis of opposing pagan anti-religious temple closures. Old/New Church, First/Second Church are also used to refer to SA and ESA at times.

There are not enough priests of any religion to cover all realms simultaneously.
For what its worth, each realm that does have a priest, gets an elder position. Some incentive for those who want that.

ESA for instance just saw, as far as I know, it's first member from Swordfell join the church.
Not quite. Actually, Herion Ulthuan, leader of Trinitism on EC, was the first Bishop of Swordfell and builder of the Flying Hongrns temple that was destroyed. And I vaguely recall there *might* have been a member previous to him. There's also been a member or two since Herion. We've usually maintained 0-2 fellish followers throughout ESA's history.

Swordfell also has no temples (used to have one in former Lurian lands, but burned it down which is still a thing)
After Petur of VE closed SA's temple in Qubel Lighthouse, the lord of Flying Hongrns closed ESA's temple thinking ESA had closed SA's temple.