Author Topic: The Feast of the Black Swan  (Read 7659 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Feast of the Black Swan
« Topic Start: September 11, 2016, 01:32:29 AM »
[/color]
[/color][/color]Roleplay from Tsubhia Faraya   (18 hours, 9 minutes ago)[/color]message to all nobles of Greater Xavax[/color]

The Black Swan:

Tsubhia looked around the Black Swan at the array of newly knighted commoners, and couldn't stop grinning.

THIS, you stupid voice. This is what I put my trust in.

I concede, it matches your desires. Will it be everything it's cracked up to be, I wonder?

Having heard about the defector (because she will never have a name again), Tsubhia's blood had begun to boil. Just after
deciding she would put her faith and the fate of her land in the hands of the Imperium, to have someone else just... give up...
go over... it was unthinkable. Unspeakable. Unforgiveable.

But now... now... THIS. The elevation of commoners to titles. It was the kind of thing she thought she'd have had to labor YEARS to
achieve, and here the Xerarch had done it all in one heavy stroke.

She did her best not to stare at the golden-masked figure. It was too much, for now. She tried to keep her focus on the new nobles milling
about.  Some of them seemed smug, as if they knew they were born for better. Some looked uncomfortable, like the title didn't fit yet. She
knew that feeling all too well. She even recognized a couple from touring Noritor in her youth. She found herself wishing she'd been a less
selfish child, that she'd paid more attention to the folk during those tours.

She spotted Lady Gia chatting across the inn. There was a woman with the kind of fire that would inspire the newly knighted. It was like
she had seen with Ranald, but somehow even brighter.

We should work together, she thought. Lead these men and women into a new era.

Indeed, Tsubhia Faraya, the voice said. Perhaps she'll even finally light the fire in YOU.

Trying to ignore the voice as best she could, Tsubhia screwed on her best grin and marched over to where Lady Gia was sitting.

"My Lady Gia. I've been paying attention to you for several days now. I have a deep admiration for your... spirit, and I wanted to speak
to you about working with me for the betterment of the realm. I think we can lead -"
[/color]
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"