Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553259 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1140: August 20, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »
Isn't it obvious from just looking at the map?

I'm not going to offer further evidence. People wouldn't be sharing secret information with me if I blabbed about it on the forums.
------
qui audet vincit

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141: August 20, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Of course there will be a change on this war, and will be Suville going north.

The beast is hard to contain, and even harder to get them our our backyard, it will be the last push necessary for the north to surrender, or go behind walls.

In no time i will be Releasing The Kraken!

The problem for now is that it requires too much food to feed,  :-\ but we will see....we will see...

Peace!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142: August 20, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
Of course there will be a change on this war, and will be Suville going north.

The beast is hard to contain, and even harder to get them our our backyard, it will be the last push necessary for the north to surrender, or go behind walls.

Suville can hardly beat Carelia on most days. That and their distance make their stance in this war next to irrelevant.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1143: August 20, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
Suville can hardly beat Carelia on most days. That and their distance make their stance in this war next to irrelevant.

It's not so much Suville's ability to project power past Tara and towards the NA, but rather the proxy war that Tara is waging via Carelia and Caergoth against Suville. As soon as it becomes are real war between the realms it opens up a whole new front for Tara to defend.

Of course, Ottar and his masters in Cagil won't let it come to that, but negotiations are pretty delicate at current. Carelia and it's "never surrender" policy aren't making it any easier.

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144: August 20, 2012, 09:41:19 PM »
Carelia and it's "never surrender" policy aren't making it any easier.

How dare they not simply roll over and die! Carelia has done plenty of surrendering recently though.

Eirikr

« Reply #1145: August 20, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »
Maybby you should send that to your own ruler, he understands. I made him counter proposal and he declined it short handedly.

Right here, bud. Can't accept a counter proposal that shoots myself in the foot. Especially when the current proposal has had so many compromises from both sides already that any further major changes would again favor either side too much or reduce it to nothingness.

For those following along at home, nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146: August 20, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
Good grief, now I have a number of Lords clamoring for Eston to try to lay claim to and keep all the regions around the Duchy of Shanandoah.

They seem realistically think this would work, or that it would go well for us, or that it would some how lend itself to winning the war.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #1147: August 20, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »
Good grief, now I have a number of Lords clamoring for Eston to try to lay claim to and keep all the regions around the Duchy of Shanandoah.

They seem realistically think this would work, or that it would go well for us, or that it would some how lend itself to winning the war.

If I was drinking anything right now, it'd have spewed forth from my nose due to laughter.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148: August 20, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »
If I was drinking anything right now, it'd have spewed forth from my nose due to laughter.

I'm not kidding. They are seriously upset with me about it and think I am "weak and conservative" for giving them away.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149: August 20, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »

*Geronus guffaws loudly, causing his coworkers to stare at him suspiciously

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150: August 20, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »
Silly Eston.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151: August 20, 2012, 11:41:13 PM »
Silly Eston.

I am exasperated at this. Now two Lords and a Duke are vehemently arguing with me about how it is "ludicrous" that I would be giving away regions "without resistance" to an enemy realm. It's like they have no knowledge of the political and military reality around us. It is like they have been alseep and just woke up "Oh, some regions over there came over to us. Uh, why the hell aren't we keeping them?" I AM GOING TO GO INSANE.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152: August 21, 2012, 12:26:04 AM »
I am exasperated at this. Now two Lords and a Duke are vehemently arguing with me about how it is "ludicrous" that I would be giving away regions "without resistance" to an enemy realm. It's like they have no knowledge of the political and military reality around us. It is like they have been alseep and just woke up "Oh, some regions over there came over to us. Uh, why the hell aren't we keeping them?" I AM GOING TO GO INSANE.

Sounds like they are acting like true Medieval Nobles then. Besides they might well understand the realities, they might just want to make trouble for your character.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1153: August 21, 2012, 12:36:39 AM »
Sounds like they are acting like true Medieval Nobles then. Besides they might well understand the realities, they might just want to make trouble for your character.

Wish they were in Dwilight...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154: August 21, 2012, 12:49:04 AM »

This is likely the case. Or at least I hope so. I sincerely hope they don't ACTUALLY think what they are proposing is rational.

Nevertheless, I have been forced to acquiesce and I may have to withdraw my support for the treaty.