Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 572359 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1200: August 27, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
he (and I'm guilty here, too) thought that Coria couldn't back down from Hatred.

Actually, does anyone know when that changed? I was told OOC many times before I even considered becoming Consul that you couldn't go back from Hatred, but it popped up a little while ago that you just take a big peasant mood swing across your realm. I have a feeling it was actually always this way and I just never checked.

Yeah, Sasuke looked it up on the wiki. Sure enough, everybody was just ignorant, and we have probably been fighting a stalemate war based on this assumption for a long time now.  ::)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201: August 27, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
Seriously, though, you're trying (with one city and one city only) to pull concessions for the entire NA? Noble idea, but that's even less reasonable than granting yourselves some decent treatment when your city goes down. Especially since your King keeps professing that he didn't want the war to continue anyway, just that he (and I'm guilty here, too) thought that Coria couldn't back down from Hatred.

One city that could still take you a long time to siege. We could hold out indefinitely if our allies kept supporting us, a continual thorn in your side, up until you mustered enough strength to storm the city, which is protected by a Fortress. I estimate that you would need at least 30k CS to have a shot, probably more.

I'm not interested in concessions for everyone. I'm interested in a few specific items, or at least I was. MI has been getting on my nerves though, so I might just stop trying to pull their asses out of the fire at this point.

Eirikr

« Reply #1202: August 27, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »
One city that could still take you a long time to siege. We could hold out indefinitely if our allies kept supporting us, a continual thorn in your side, up until you mustered enough strength to storm the city, which is protected by a Fortress. I estimate that you would need at least 30k CS to have a shot, probably more.

I'm not interested in concessions for everyone. I'm interested in a few specific items, or at least I was. MI has been getting on my nerves though, so I might just stop trying to pull their asses out of the fire at this point.

Well you might as well make them known to Ravendon yourself... It's been MONTHS since I heard of any counter-proposals from Hammarsett. I've heard a lot of "yes" or "no" or "that sounds more reasonable", but nothing to actually work with me to adjust anything. To be fair, I'm not sure how much adjustment we can make, but I can't do anything until I know what it is you want.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203: August 27, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »
Well you might as well make them known to Ravendon yourself... It's been MONTHS since I heard of any counter-proposals from Hammarsett. I've heard a lot of "yes" or "no" or "that sounds more reasonable", but nothing to actually work with me to adjust anything. To be fair, I'm not sure how much adjustment we can make, but I can't do anything until I know what it is you want.

The tribulations of not being the ruler: No one comes to you for anything.

I talked to Kerwin about some of my ideas, but he trumped them with a possibility that seemed to good to be true, and then was too good to be true apparently. I could still fall back on my original plan, but I'm much less inclined to do that now. Regardless, you'll probably hear from Laszlo soon since no one else seems to be doing much.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204: August 27, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »

We can storm the city, I'm just choosing not to.

Shanandoah is a drain on the north's resources. It isn't supported by itself and requires the north to fund and feed it.

Hammarsett's nobles are useless in the war effort right now as they don't have recruitment capabilities to actually fight the war. ONE hammarsett noble participated in the attack on Menedor. One.

However, we can still execute the war effort further into Minas Ithil territory quit easily while Hammarsett sits behind its walls. This not only hurts Minas Ithil's ability to fight, but it also hurts the amount of support that can be given to Hammarsett. However, if Hammarsett ever does decide to contribute to the fighting and they lose the battle, then the war is over. Hammarsett cannot simply refit its army. In fact, I don't even need 30k CS to take your city. I can attack it twice with 20k CS and you'll have no militia and army left to defend it for a third attack.

Not to mention I could gather 40k CS or more to attack the city if I wanted to at any point.

I just don't think Hammarsett realizes how nice Coria has been in our negotiations so far. You don't have that much of a bargaining chip. Which means the offers we've given is the best you're gonna get.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205: August 28, 2012, 12:22:27 AM »
Hammersett got the short end of the stick yup, I'm 100% sure of it. hmm btw did I hear Chips and Salsa? maybe I'm just hearing things.

On another note, when was the last time anyone saw magic in AT?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eirikr

« Reply #1206: August 28, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »
I think my BoM got a scroll a LONG time ago...

As for the war, I finally had a slow day of letters! Yaaaaaaay! Today reminded me how short lived those days are, though.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207: August 28, 2012, 11:51:25 PM »
I only ask about magic because I can't remember many uses of it beside on BT, and those rare glimpses of it. I was thinking something more appropriate would be useful there. Like crossing into closed border realms and such, but that just my thoughts.

I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eirikr

« Reply #1208: August 29, 2012, 12:08:48 AM »
I only ask about magic because I can't remember many uses of it beside on BT, and those rare glimpses of it. I was thinking something more appropriate would be useful there. Like crossing into closed border realms and such, but that just my thoughts.

At the risk of sounding like a complete fool, I believe I had a scroll of fireball. Without a target, all it did was singe my eyebrows or something silly like that. It really was a long time ago, so it's quite fuzzy. I thought it was a unique item, so I was pretty upset that I'd wasted it trying to figure out what it did.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209: August 29, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Scrolls You probably did have a scroll of fireball since they do exist.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210: August 29, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »

You mean like a scroll that can destroy a level of walls?

But nahhh....no way I've heard of those...or have I?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211: August 29, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »
Sound like good time for me to leave Minas Ithil to its death. But then again, I play my whole Ketchum family as being loyal to the end ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eirikr

« Reply #1212: August 29, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Scrolls You probably did have a scroll of fireball since they do exist.

Holy crap! I should've documented it. What a poor fool I was.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213: August 29, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
In other news, Suville once again shows poor military skill, as they move first two-thirds of their army one day and then a half of what was remaining their to battle so they get their butts kicked.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1214: August 29, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
In other news, Suville once again shows poor military skill activity level, as they move first two-thirds of their army one day and then a half of what was remaining their to battle so they get their butts kicked.

Fixed that for you.