Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 257547 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #315: April 29, 2011, 06:39:26 AM »
Abbot seems to be driving Madina into something reminding the Fissoans of PeL (or the Tyrant Slade). We'd fight anyone slightly similar to PeL :)

Care to explain?
I am not sure if you now but Abbot hasn't got any real direct power in the realm for years now.
Besides, Madina has a constitution which is held up great.
It can't technically change into a tyranny unless it dismisses it's constitution, which didn't happen if you where wondering.

Where did you get the idea from?

Didn't it acure to you that abbot is an alcoholic? isn't that worth the rumours?

I understand Abbot has lots of influence, always had, but right at this moment Fionn is the 'real' sole ruler of the realm, she apoints the goverment, lords and can decide on diplomacy, war, peace anything on her own.
This is currently the case because candiels was secede and Madina revolted.
So if anything, it was Mendicant him self who created this situation :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: April 29, 2011, 12:03:16 PM »
Well, I can only base my assumptions on what I hear from rumours and my Regent ;) If Phonos sends Abbot a letter explaining his distrust in him, saying that he thinks Abbot is leading Madina off a cliff, than Skyndarbau will believe Phonos :)

On another note, Skyndarbau might have found a cure against SA :D

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #317: April 29, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
Tell me more..
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: April 29, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Well, I can only base my assumptions on what I hear from rumours and my Regent ;) If Phonos sends Abbot a letter explaining his distrust in him, saying that he thinks Abbot is leading Madina off a cliff, than Skyndarbau will believe Phonos :)

I geuss he didn't sent abbots replies? ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: April 29, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »
The funny thing is...Aurvandil actually has more nobles than Madina!

Zakilevo

« Reply #320: April 29, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
Wow! Bael is right holy!. What happened to Madina anyway? Are nobles leaving Madina?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: April 29, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Wow! Bael is right holy!. What happened to Madina anyway? Are nobles leaving Madina?

Sort of, a lot of Madinan nobles were there just to found Aurvandil, so they left when it was founded. Plus nobles who changed allegiance because they were part of the seceded duchy. Then we've had a couple of people pause (including Tom's character! :O). So we're just generally down on nobles for a lot of reasons :(

Still nice and lively though! Unless you count the plague of undead, they're not that lively...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: April 29, 2011, 11:54:12 PM »
If I (my character) wasn't already on the move, it would be nice to get one or two characters to come along with me to madina, then we could grab a region for ourselves :) As part of madina of course, but even so. But then again, nobles are in short supply everywhere except Averoth, so getting any to come along would be difficult...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: April 30, 2011, 10:31:14 AM »
Tell me more..

Institutionalise religious freedom through a Church of Tolerance. He's having a hard time to find anyone willing to cooperate though :p
(Skyndarbau doesn't like religions.)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: May 01, 2011, 04:01:26 AM »
Institutionalise religious freedom through a Church of Tolerance. He's having a hard time to find anyone willing to cooperate though :p
(Skyndarbau doesn't like religions.)

That is the least SMA thing that I've heard in a long time.

I assume you're joking, because nobody who cares about the SMA would actually propose such a thing.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: May 01, 2011, 02:07:57 PM »
That would be a surefire way of losing the fragile peace with PeL/LN ;)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: May 01, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
Yeah I guess. ;)

Why wouldn't that be SMA? Because there's nothing similar found in medieval history? It's not going to happen anyways, but why wouldn't it be allowed? The government would control this "religion" to maintain a strong control over the people's beliefs, and politically disabling all other religions...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: May 01, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Yeah I guess. ;)

Why wouldn't that be SMA? Because there's nothing similar found in medieval history? It's not going to happen anyways, but why wouldn't it be allowed? The government would control this "religion" to maintain a strong control over the people's beliefs, and politically disabling all other religions...

Because a religion means a faith or set of beliefs, that in some way explains the way the world around you works.  It usually involves believing in specific supernatural entities.

"All religions are welcome" is not a religion.  It's a political position.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: May 01, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
Because a religion means a faith or set of beliefs, that in some way explains the way the world around you works.  It usually involves believing in specific supernatural entities.

"All religions are welcome" is not a religion.  It's a political position.

Of course it is. Aren't many "religions" political cover-ups? Usually those without any power in a religion are the only pious ones...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: May 01, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
Of course it is. Aren't many "religions" political cover-ups? Usually those without any power in a religion are the only pious ones...

Yes, but not blatantly.  You're talking about a religion that broadcasts its status as nothing more than a political tool to the world.

When your priests preach, what are they preaching?  "Believe in all the Gods! They're all good!"

Or is it even simpler, just, "Obey your Fissoan masters! They tell you what is right!"
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan