Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254759 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #480: June 02, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
That would be correct, yes.  SA has some internal disputes, but they've mostly quieted to deal with the war from what I hear.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481: June 02, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
So expect a quick bloody war which will end up with a win for SA? Is there no hope for the anti-SA crowd?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #482: June 02, 2011, 11:27:30 PM »
Hard to say.  Fighting on Dwilight is hard.  I doubt you'll see anything quick, I anticipate it will be quite bloody, and I would indeed anticipate that SA will win, but it's just not easy to guess these things.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483: June 02, 2011, 11:35:06 PM »
So expect a quick bloody war which will end up with a win for SA? Is there no hope for the anti-SA crowd?

Damn, this guy is good. He must have had a kick-ass mentor. :)  We've been busily trying to beat this into the thick heads of the non-SA realms for years, bu this guy's already figured it out!   :P

Actually, it won't be *that* easy. There's a lot of realms that, so far, don't really care about this war either way. I think that many of them realize that this current war is Caerwyn's fault. They broke their federation with Astrum to declare the war. That kind of thing doesn't go over too well with many people.

Nevertheless.... This will be a difficult war. The outcome is by no means written in stone. (Yet! But we're working on it. ;D)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #484: June 03, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
No, not that easy. Caerwyn has been highly ineffective in the war so far. All they did initially was loot Duil and Chrysantalys Mines rogue, but they never worked up the juice to try taking on the militia in Eidulb Outskirts and Chrysantalys, so after that they pretty much marched around in circles and half-heartedly tried to take Duil and the Mines over. Meanwhile, we gathered our allies and crushed Averoth in a bloody siege of Valkyrja that lasted a couple weeks.

Now however it looks like a lot of the Averothian and Thulsoman nobles will be traveling there to continue the fight. That could easily put them up to 70-80 nobles, which would make them much stronger than they have been. The war could go on for a while and Astrum is far from free and clear, but we definitely have the momentum.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #485: June 03, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »
It would take too long and too much dead bodies to make a stairway of it. And never watched Prince of Persia.  :D Nice ideas, but I believe I am sticking to my ladders.

And thus why it always failed, they didn't bring enough corpses to top Paisly's walls. Mind you, the corpse stairway *was* getting pretty high at the end... But I'm guessing they had run out of soldiers by then.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #486: June 03, 2011, 12:28:28 AM »
Quick search on the Wiki reveles that that basicly means Caerwyn vs. pretty much everyone else. Thulsoma and Averoth don't seems to exist properly anymore and Madina is having some sort of civil war now? Whereas Sanguis Astroism seems to be expanding with pretty much no internal problems. That be an accurate summary?

Not "everyone else", no. A good chunk of the North, however, but even that means incredible travel distances. South of that, Sanguis Astroism is very small. It is small in Asylon and Terran, and is almost (or completely) meaningless everywhere else (Barca, D'Hara, Madina, Aurvandil, Grand Duchy of Fissoa, Luria Nova, and Pian en Luries).

Them not killing each other too much in the North doesn't make them quite united either, though, if when the war with Caerwyn ends (regardless of the result), I'd have a hard time seeing them able to do anything other than turn on each other, due to how far everyone else is.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #487: June 03, 2011, 12:47:48 AM »
Them not killing each other too much in the North doesn't make them quite united either, though, if when the war with Caerwyn ends (regardless of the result), I'd have a hard time seeing them able to do anything other than turn on each other, due to how far everyone else is.

This is highly likely, although Astrum and Allison Kabrinski in particular will probably be busy dealing with the consequences of the war for quite a while (assuming we do win). We were in the process of doing that before, until Averoth and Caerywn went all Jihad on us out of the blue. And no, we really didn't see that coming. Fortunately though, it completely united us on a path of righteous retribution  :)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #488: June 03, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »
When this war ends, they will start a feud with Libero Empire and Summerdale which will result in a war to wipe out the last heathen realms in the North.
After that, they will launch crusades against the realms of the south and try to colonize as much cities as possible to create new theocracies under the bloodstars.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #489: June 03, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
After that, they will launch crusades against the realms of the south and try to colonize as much cities as possible to create new theocracies under the bloodstars.

I do like that part, but the goody goods in Sanguis Astroism don't like voicing my dreams of world domination!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #490: June 03, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
When this war ends, they will start a feud with Libero Empire and Summerdale which will result in a war to wipe out the last heathen realms in the North.

I like your signature.  8)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491: June 03, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
Another question. Are there any other faiths on dwilight? I have yet to hear of any.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #492: June 03, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight#Religions

I think this is not perfectly up to date; as far as I know the Order of St Iestyn is dead, and I think there is a new one in PeL. If anyone can confirm it would be nice to update it.

In the end, it does not matter, of course: heathen is heathen, whatever the particular form of heathenry.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #493: June 03, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight#Religions

I think this is not perfectly up to date; as far as I know the Order of St Iestyn is dead, and I think there is a new one in PeL. If anyone can confirm it would be nice to update it.

In the end, it does not matter, of course: heathen is heathen, whatever the particular form of heathenry.

The Manifest Path is the new PeL religion. Its small but quite lively.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494: June 03, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »
Another question. Are there any other faiths on dwilight? I have yet to hear of any.

I love this guy! Every time he posts, I want to give him a cookie.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.