Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 64837 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #150: April 27, 2012, 03:40:09 AM »
It might have already been said, but this will always be the moment that made me laugh the most:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Quotes#Famous_Last_Words
Quite a few good quotes on there.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: April 27, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
What I think is funny, and disappointing, is how everyone instantly gets all lovey-dovey with their biggest enemies. "Think of the children!"

*gag*

Mostly due to the Blight. You can't rule the world if its already been destroyed!  ;D
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: April 27, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
I don't see how that was funny.  In Game, it happened.  Why would it not be taken seriously?

It was funny because most of people did not take it as a joke. When you wanna fool someone, you always want your victim to take it as real, don't you?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #153: April 27, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »

It was funny because most of people did not take it as a joke. When you wanna fool someone, you always want your victim to take it as real, don't you?

That only applies if it's something that the person would think would never happen, like the lottery. Many players were either expecting this to happen (because of roleplays by the NPC's on Beluaterra) or were hoping it would never happen (because they don't want to play Beluaterra, they want to play battlemaster as it is meant to be, player vs player).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: April 29, 2012, 05:05:53 AM »
That only applies if it's something that the person would think would never happen, like the lottery. Many players were either expecting this to happen (because of roleplays by the NPC's on Beluaterra) or were hoping it would never happen (because they don't want to play Beluaterra, they want to play battlemaster as it is meant to be, player vs player).

Or, most importantly, with things that they can just dismiss as a prank once it is over and revealed. Dismissing what happened as a prank is not very SMA at all, however.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: April 29, 2012, 05:35:10 AM »
Hrok's new habit of sending messengers back sans one leg is proving to be good for some lulz.  I think he also mounts them over the gatehouse into Poryatown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: April 29, 2012, 09:10:45 AM »
Hrok's new habit of sending messengers back sans one leg is proving to be good for some lulz.  I think he also mounts them over the gatehouse into Poryatown.

How is that possible? Brom isn't sending him messages anymore...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #157: April 29, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
Or, most importantly, with things that they can just dismiss as a prank once it is over and revealed. Dismissing what happened as a prank is not very SMA at all, however.

April Fools actually originated from a prank played on a french king, so yes, pranks are absolutely SMA.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #158: April 29, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
Small pranks?  Sure.  Daimon invasions (and certain things DID seem awfully authentic from an IC viewpoint)... 

People acted IC.  Those who didn't were, frankly, metagaming and showing themselves to be poor RPers.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: April 29, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »
April Fools actually originated from a prank played on a french king, so yes, pranks are absolutely SMA.

Hey, I'm not saying I hated the prank. I just didn't find it funny.

OOC, it was fairly obvious it was a prank, so I don't think it really fooled anyone (other than maybe a few newbs). IC, though... Are you saying the daimons pranked us? A noble pranking another can be SMA, sure, but the daimons playing "peek-a-boo" with portals on us, that's just silly.

What I was saying is that acting as if the portals hadn't poped up would not be SMA, especially after all the people that reacted did so. My character interpreted the events as the barrier between worlds having been weakened on that day, perhaps because of the portal stones adventurers used, but that (thankfully) the barriers resisted and regained their strength when the day ended.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: April 29, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »
My character interpreted it as peasant exaggerations. After all, the nobles on the scene in the mountains reported nothing unusual. It was fairly obviously some kind of hoax.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: April 29, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
My character interpreted it as peasant exaggerations. After all, the nobles on the scene in the mountains reported nothing unusual. It was fairly obviously some kind of hoax.

Those of us in and around Paisly DID see unusual stuff.

OOC, I know both events are unrelated. But IC, to make such a claim is absurd.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: April 29, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
Your situation in Paisly was different. From 1,000 miles away, we considered you all to be delusional.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #163: April 29, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »
The prankster can only hope that what he does is funny. It is up to others to decide whether it is or not. And I just found the prank in poor taste considering what was going on in Beluaterra.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: April 29, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »
Your situation in Paisly was different. From 1,000 miles away, we considered you all to be delusional.

A bunch of nobles confirm the presence of strange events, amongst them at least 1 royal, and then people from all over the continents report the presence of daimon portals.

And you just shrug it all off as peasant exaggerations? Out of the blues, hundreds of thousands of peasants collectively decided to exaggerate reports of what they were seeing? Not to mention all the nobles stating the existence of these things (for which you can't know where they got the info from).