Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142711 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #345: October 04, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »
I never intend offense when I say "you fool". Rather I imagine Gandolf shouting "Fly, you fools@" in Moria..

I always think of Mr T
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: October 08, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
"I pity the fool who leaves wild land in their estates."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: October 08, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
"I pity the fool who leaves wild land in their estates."

Waaa? Why give 50% away when you can keep 25% instead? ;)

Just kidding.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: October 08, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
Torture reports...

I'm lovin' em.

Especially the parts that confirm what I've been saying about Rio/MR all along, with people saying "you are just harboring your own twisted view of the facts, MR didn't help Rio it hurt it!".

I still can't, for the love of god, understand why a daishi priest and an alluran priest showed up in our lands at the same time. Since when am I supposed to be nice to these religions? I did my best to destroy them in the last invasion...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: October 09, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »
Torture reports...

I'm lovin' em.

Especially the parts that confirm what I've been saying about Rio/MR all along, with people saying "you are just harboring your own twisted view of the facts, MR didn't help Rio it hurt it!".

I still can't, for the love of god, understand why a daishi priest and an alluran priest showed up in our lands at the same time. Since when am I supposed to be nice to these religions? I did my best to destroy them in the last invasion...

I'm curious, who did you torture to get affirmation of your views here?  We did just have a bit of a debate recently when Mordred popped back up in Riombara. We basically insta-banned him, but De La Fere spoke up in his defense talking about how MR saved Riombara, and of course Mordred also defended himself. They got shouted down though. The current government of Riombara has no love of Mordred or MR, particularly not Lansour, Jethro, Mithridates and Evander, who all stuck by Riombara throughout most of the invasion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: October 09, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
I'm curious, who did you torture to get affirmation of your views here?  We did just have a bit of a debate recently when Mordred popped back up in Riombara. We basically insta-banned him, but De La Fere spoke up in his defense talking about how MR saved Riombara, and of course Mordred also defended himself. They got shouted down though. The current government of Riombara has no love of Mordred or MR, particularly not Lansour, Jethro, Mithridates and Evander, who all stuck by Riombara throughout most of the invasion.

The priest Felix.

And De la Fere's comments on how MR saved Rio from the monsters, and how Delvin forgave him in full knoweldge of all he did, that's all gold.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: October 09, 2011, 06:56:21 AM »
The priest Felix.

And De la Fere's comments on how MR saved Rio from the monsters, and how Delvin forgave him in full knoweldge of all he did, that's all gold.

Its De La Fere, no more then 5% of his comments will even resemble the truth.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: October 09, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »
Its De La Fere, no more then 5% of his comments will even resemble the truth.

Well, he was the duke of Fwuvoghor and held government titles in MR, that's a fact. He is now in Riombara and hasn't been punished, which is also, afaik, a fact. Delvin knew this and forgave him anyways (as he'd otherwise not be in Rio right now), and so that's a fact as well.

Generally, I'd agree with you, but it's hard to see anything made-up in the letters we found. I'm guessing we got the 5% 8)

I also love how your judge is threatening your own nobles with torture. It's priceless.  8)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: October 09, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »
Delvin knew this and forgave him anyways

Not so much.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #354: October 09, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »
Well, he was the duke of Fwuvoghor and held government titles in MR, that's a fact. He is now in Riombara and hasn't been punished, which is also, afaik, a fact. Delvin knew this and forgave him anyways (as he'd otherwise not be in Rio right now), and so that's a fact as well.

Generally, I'd agree with you, but it's hard to see anything made-up in the letters we found. I'm guessing we got the 5% 8)

I also love how your judge is threatening your own nobles with torture. It's priceless.  8)
I was General and Duke in Fwuvoghor during MR, having founded it with Khaludh and Lefanis. Without Khaludh it couldn't have happened. In retrospect we realised Lefanis was a worse PR disaster than we had first anticipated. I bailed before the invasion ended after having put up with it all for a while (the arguing was worse than the invaders). De Le Fere and Lefanis then sorta took over and were happy they had Fwuvoghor to themselves finally. Also, debating whether Rio was hurt by MR is really hard to quantify because a) the invaders were not at any point held in check until they held off on Grehk thanks to diplomacy for a little bit until the Light came, b) MR never fought Rio and instead got attacked by Avalon, Enweil and Bara'Khur - later the daimons and then undead. The monsters bypassed those lands for the most part after Enweil's treachery was revealed and went then to ravage Avalon after Fwuvoghor was attacked. If it had been the other way round then perhaps the Isles and Riombara would have been blacked out instead of Avalon. Having kept my ear very close to all the maneuveres, roleplays and OOC notes about the Monsters, they bypassed Riombara after they thought the humans in the south-east would be unequivocably on their side (which they weren't). When they came back the Light had arrived and their forces were drastically reduced.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: October 09, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
It's a Lefanis, what were you expecting. AND a De la Fere with him!  :o

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #356: October 10, 2011, 06:24:29 AM »
It's a Lefanis, what were you expecting. AND a De la Fere with him!  :o
I like to pretend there was a gas leak in my house during the invasion.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: October 10, 2011, 06:30:16 AM »
I like to pretend there was a gas leak in my house during the invasion.

You were warned, you can't say you weren't warned :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: October 10, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
BT's rulers are lame, they don't respond to my accusations. :(

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: October 10, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
BT's rulers are lame, they don't respond to my accusations. :(

perhaps they are so used to your families continual use of propaganda, that they just ignore you.