Author Topic: WAR  (Read 141847 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #240: August 29, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »
Nothoi probably couldn't hold it, but if they did it would dominant the other dutchies.

Ideally Wudenkin should go to Sint as a colony so they can have a good war with IVF while everyone else kicks the bejezus out of Enweil (who has had it coming for some time).  Hell, so long as Matt and Squall get aced (and go to Enweil or IVF) Fronen can keep Wudenkin so long as they're willing to burn Enweil and IVF to the ground.

I agree, as things stand right now Nothoi wouldn't be able to take both Dyomoque and Wudenkin. I suppose a colony in Wudenkin is possible, but it would need nobles from more than just Sint to survive.

As for going after Enweil, that is a long trip. I wonder how long the north would remain resolved to make that trek before turning on each other. 

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: August 29, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
Well, IVF certainly wants a war with Sint.  I suspect Fronen will get to keep Wudenkin after all is said and done, again, it would be hilarious if one of the peace conditions were that they go to war with Enweil on Riombara's behalf.  Doubly so because numerous heads would just explode with fury.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: August 29, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Well, IVF certainly wants a war with Sint.  I suspect Fronen will get to keep Wudenkin after all is said and done, again, it would be hilarious if one of the peace conditions were that they go to war with Enweil on Riombara's behalf.  Doubly so because numerous heads would just explode with fury.

Leaving Fronen with one city doesn't seem fair, which is why I also agree that letting them keep Wudenkin along with Vur Hagin is probably the best outcome for all involved.  They're hardly a threat at that point, and giving any one of the realms surrounding Wudenkin control of the city creates another imbalance that will just be looking for an excuse to cause another war.

Not that another war would be a bad thing...

Zakilevo

« Reply #243: August 29, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
I hate when people do a half assed job. I want Melhed to take Vur Hagin, Marpii, and Jyl. OG to take Vozzessdor, Verdomite, and Wudenkin. Nothoi to take Dyomoque, Tindle, and Ippetimbal. And let the rest of Fronen to go rogue.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: August 29, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »
I hate when people do a half assed job. I want Melhed to take Vur Hagin, Marpii, and Jyl. OG to take Vozzessdor, Verdomite, and Wudenkin. Nothoi to take Dyomoque, Tindle, and Ippetimbal. And let the rest of Fronen to go rogue.

Why? The only thing that I see happen too often in this game (and I'm guilty of it myself) is the need to destroy realms. Why destroy realms? It's perfectly okay to just mutilate them, subjugate them and then slowly rebuild a relationship. Plus it leaves room for further conflict.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: August 29, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »

I can almost guarantee you that neither of the scenarios you have laid out will come to pass.

Zakilevo

« Reply #246: August 29, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Destroying realms will give more room for newer realms. I think BT can use more of those.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: August 29, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
Destroying realms will give more room for newer realms. I think BT can use more of those.

I agree.  Though, what you're proposing is that two realms which are institutions of BT be given the lion's share of spoils... and one of them having done nothing more than vote five times and then move in like a vulture.  Better still would be peace on the back of a rebellion in Fronen, with the old regime disowned.  That's a good way to encourage new blood!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: August 30, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »

New realms can be created through secession, too. Also, it's way better to gain a solid peace with steep demands than more regions you can barely maintain control over. I'd like to see a tribute mechanics implemented :)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: August 30, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
Bah, BT needs only one realm... Thalmarkin... and BT needs only one ruler... OO or SS! Rest can suck my socks! I will WIN! WIN! Mwhahahahaa... I´m The Winner....

* jaune fades back to bed with his fever....

But before that...  My proposal is that all norhtern coalition should want is that Fronen accepts current borders and Thallies & Fronen will get back to alliance, and we will take OG and Melhed and who ever and destroy evil Enweilers who murdered mighty Julma Jaune!
~Violence is always an option!~

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: August 30, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
New realms can be created through secession, too. Also, it's way better to gain a solid peace with steep demands than more regions you can barely maintain control over. I'd like to see a tribute mechanics implemented :)

You pay tribute by loading up a noble with lots of gold(not bonds) and sending him off to another realm's capital to send the gold. Of course he has to pay 50 gold fee, but you can rectify that by just giving him an additional 50 gold to compensate.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: August 31, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »

Note: I was on holidays so just recently did return and now have worked through this thread - I love it that finally something is happening on BT. Now I would like to add one data point:

Regarding contacting IVF diplomatically after their secession:
They should nonetheless try. They might have been surprised. Considering the strategic importance of being proved wrong, I'd have figured it'd be worth a try. It would also be wrong to assume that all realms of that bloc are viewed the same way.

My character is duke of Grehk in Riombara and at the time IVF did seceed was seriously considering (because of being not very much in favor of fighting Enweil in general) to ask Enweil nicely to be allowed to attack IVF. The reason being that he preceives its leader as being completely and rabidly anti-Riombara, far more than any other Enweilian noble. Add to that the overall history and no, I very much doubt that any character in Riombara would consider allying with IVF, even if only to jointly attack Enweil. Aye, strategically stupid (at first glance) but sound reasoning nonetheless. Cheers!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: August 31, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
You pay tribute by loading up a noble with lots of gold(not bonds) and sending him off to another realm's capital to send the gold. Of course he has to pay 50 gold fee, but you can rectify that by just giving him an additional 50 gold to compensate.

Ok, thanks. Any IG examples that you know of? :)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: August 31, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
Ok, thanks. Any IG examples that you know of? :)

Treaty of Rogeshore

As part of the Treaty of Rogeshore, RedSpan gave the Ash Sea Islands the princely sum of 7500 gold, paid at a rate of 300 gold per week. After three months and half the tribute paid, RedSpan received Rogeshore for their trouble, before paying off the rest. We saw the RedSpan banker in Ser'quea every week for six months.

With RedSpan receiving a region for their trouble, it's not a tribute in the strictest sense of the word. But RedSpan weren't exactly in a position to quibble with the figure. After we sat 31k CS in Byblack they and Tara seemed to realise they'd bitten off more than they could chew. They're lucky we loved our friends in Falasan too much to abandon them for a bit of goat-stomping.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: September 01, 2011, 03:56:28 AM »
Similarly the Treaty of Topenah or whatever it was called, where Arcaea paid Aenilia for Topenah.

Or, the last peace treaty between Arcachon and Arcaea where Arcachon was supposed to sell food at a fixed (low) price, which was pretty obviously a form of tribute.

I know I've seen a few others, but can't think of them off the top of my head.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"