Author Topic: Lurian Empire  (Read 62999 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Empire
« Reply #135: August 19, 2011, 04:09:52 AM »
For what it's worth, contacting just Marche is a bad idea. Telrunya isn't super-uber active OOCly, and, even ICly, neither D'Hara's prime minister, nor even D'Hara's House of Lords, will be making the decision of what to do about Port Nebel alone. Dunno how it is in Barca, but I communicate more with the Elders of the Véinsørmoot than I do with the realm council of Terran.

Maybe if Coli wants to do some political pressure, he should realize that, if there's fighting over Port Nebel, it'd be, in very large part, Terran's army that he's fighting? Because I'll say that, as far as any IC information my character has, the situation looks very clear cut and simple: Amaury seized Port Nebel and is holding it hostage. No other contact has been made by Lurians, and there are no moderates among them. That's how it ICly looks for most of us in the Véinsørmoot.

Full Disclosure: I'm trying to OOC hint to you to negotiate with the Véinsørmoot on the whole, because of my OOC (and IC I guess) goal of making the Véinsørmoot a very strong organization, and this type of conflict can easily cement it together.

First, it's Koli.  Means, roughly, Dark Colin, and is fairly important to his character overall.

Second, while Matt is well aware of the organization and intrigued by it, Koli's never heard of it, or at least not in a context where he knew what the word meant.  Koli, I hope, is going to be known to history as the Great Compromiser, in both the good and bad senses, but there's little he can do when he's never even heard of this weird alliance thingy that D'hara's in.  If you want to, say, as the Ambassador of Terran make your position clear and let Koli know about how things work over there, then we can talk.  Until then there's not much I can do without breaking character knowledge.

Third, no one in Luria seized anything besides the opportunity  ;)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"