Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 36178 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Topic Start: August 09, 2011, 05:10:02 PM »
With the new code for sages and wizards going live, which makes sages/wizards unique and traceable, I think it might be fun to try and track some of them. Any ideas?

Some thoughts come to mind:

In what way are these sages Unique?
If sages are unique, does that mean they always request the same items for repairs? For crafting items/scrolls?
Furthermore, does it mean that a same sage will be available at the same hours in the timepool in different regions? If not, how will we ever know that the sage seen in Region A and Region B is the same? If not, is it even relevant that it is technically the same sage?

Someone claimed in the other topic that a Sage is to be found in almost any region, if you rest for one hour at a time. If so, why do we even need to know where the Sage is going to be?

And in general, why would we ever try to track Sages (and even worse: keep track of them) without an extensive database and tracking system?

To be honest, I guess it sounds cool how they are 'unique', but I don't really see the point. Unless some of my premises are incorrect, of course :)

EDIT: My character is the founder of an advy guild. I thought about cooperating with the members to track sages and all, but it seems like a lot of work for little gain.