Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 40672 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #30: July 04, 2016, 08:56:18 AM »
i had this image of oli as a rebel state made of people who either didnt like sirion or realized how bad sirion's apparent invincible dominion was for ec, who took a massive risk to break away and cut their own path.

now you're telling me it was an attempt at a friendly secession with intents to ally with the motherland, but somehow that got botched.

so basically you all managed to roll three hallmarks of "bad bm" into one big botch, those being supporting the status quo or a practically indistinguishable version of it, hegemonism, and screwups from bad communication.

glad you did so with such a rich city as your capital. i still support oli in the situation as it stands, just your origin story sucks compared to what was in my head.

You would be part right still though, as it compliments the overall.

The main reason I secceeded Oligarch (well knowing there was a decent chance we'd sign our own execution) was because Sirion wasn't doing anything. That was the logic both IC and OOC. The Senate was too slow to make the decisions which would benefit the north as a whole and we were allowing the great imperialistic nations of the center (caligus, although now you can easily add Perdan to it again also) to regain strength and dominance again and once they'd have it they would come for the north again. Once they would, the north would have lost nobles due to inaction, where the center/south would only `have become stronger, which would mean the end of the north. So they way Sirion was acting was destroying themselves and something had to be done. That is what Garas had been telling the Senate for months and where several agreed, things were stalled quite nicely according to Sirion tradition, also because Ecthelion didn't seem to agree.

The first focus was therefore to fight Caligus and to bring some action back to the north. The thing is, I don't much believe in the 'eternal' alliance concept of best buddies for life. I love more the idea of temporary alliances for different wars only to fight each other at a later moment and Oligarch would have followed that logic afterwards, but alas that chance was never given :p

We wanted to bring some fun back into the north and I think we succeeded to a certain extend and it creates a nice 'rebellion'' story I suppose.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela