Author Topic: What do you think is wrong?  (Read 37066 times)

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think is wrong?
« Topic Start: March 19, 2011, 05:44:19 PM »

I have often either used a Tavern or Inn as the setting for a RP, ie my chars or/and my NPC's interacting together as part of some storyline or other etc, or simply a fun way of explaining IC why I couldn't/didn't do something because of OOC reasons, ie Elk often can't reply to letters because his scribe had been shanghaied into a drinking session by Tor etc, as for the life of me can't see how anyone can object to having them used in BM, especially when were so prevalent and widely used by nobles in the middle ages.

NB I'll use this snippet from an article about "Ye old trip to Jerusalem" to attempt back up my case.

"The answer to this lies in the date painted on the exterior walls of the Inn, that of 1189AD. This was the year of ascension to the throne of King Richard the First, known as Richard the Lionheart, and one of his first acts as King was to crusade against the Saracens who at that time occupied the Holy Land of Christian Religion. Nottingham Castle was a stronghold favoured by the King and legend has it that the brave Knights and men at arms who rallied to his call to fight in this Third Crusade, gathered at the Castle to rest before journeying to Jerusalem.
Legend also has it that these Crusaders stopped off at the Inn at the foot of the Castle for welcome refreshments – or perhaps more accurately, for ‘one for the road’. Given that in the Middle Ages, a ‘Trip’ was not a journey as such but rather a resting place where such a journey could be broken, it is understandable how the Inn came to be called ‘Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem’."

Ye Olde Trip History

Copyright © 2009 Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. All Rights Reserved.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"