Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48773 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #60: November 14, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed in that. I'm a little miffed that encumbrance is set (with a few things you can do to increase your limit) because that means you can't easily pile on potions and head off without any healing magic.

I've also found that whilst playing on Master difficulty can be fun, it starts to get frustrating with some random encounters. I finally toned it down after being killed by the same 2 bears ~10 times :P

Heh :) I'm planning to put it on max difficulty as well, until things get too hard. In any case, I like that creatures are no longer scaled. I didn't like doing the math of efficient levelling :P

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: November 14, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
I didn't like doing the math of efficient levelling :P

I didn't care about that in Oblivion, I just enjoyed the steady pace of the game.

Yesterday I found a cave tucked away in a corner of the map and thought "ooo, I'll go in here". 10 minutes later I came out having slain half a dozen witches, a handful of spiders and a few Skeevers, all of whom took at most 2 hits to kill, this happened several times yesterday in different places. To me, that's rather boring. I want to be challenged, but if I put it on Master difficulty I get slaughtered roaming around, with semi-easy battles in caves.

Instead, I'd much rather enemies levelled with me and the rate of levelling was based on my difficulty.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: November 14, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
Hm, you have a point.

I still have it at Master, though I'm hindered by my hardware. I needed to put everything on the lowest settings to get a steady FPS, and now I can't see archers firing :/ :P I'll try to adjust that

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: November 14, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
Ahh, just had a load screen that told me increasing Stamina also increases Carrying Capacity. Would have been nice to have been told that at the start...

I guess next time around I'll put some level ups into CC and some into HP, ignoring Magicka and taking loads of potions with me.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: November 14, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »
Ahh, just had a load screen that told me increasing Stamina also increases Carrying Capacity. Would have been nice to have been told that at the start...

Really? Good to know. There's a bit too much to discover in this game, I think.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: November 14, 2011, 11:49:30 PM »
I'm not that far in, and I figured that out :P

As an archer, should I up Stamina or HP? both feel less than optimal :/

Great game so far, though!

Zakilevo

« Reply #66: November 15, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Just get the steed stone. It will increase the capacity by 100 and remove the weight penalty.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: November 15, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
Just get the steed stone. It will increase the capacity by 100 and remove the weight penalty.

We really need spoiler tags ¬¬

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #68: November 15, 2011, 02:01:58 AM »
Well, I'm back to my destructo mage. I'm adding a bit of other magics as well now. Just killed my 3rd dragon, this time all by myself. Conjuration is excellent for keeping it occupied while you regenerate your magicka for the next attacks. :-)

I still don't quite get the shouts, though. I have 2 dragon souls that apparently do nothing, and two words of power that I need dragon souls to unlock. Shouldn't the souls I have unlock the words I have?
[Update: Ah, found it! Another badly documented thing. You need to highlight the word and press R.]

My mage packs quite a punch by now, but still has trouble surviving longer fights, because I tend to run out of magicka, even with highborn and several items that speed up regeneration. Those high-level spells like Fireball and Chain Lightning are very expensive. I'll optimize my spell usage next time, checking which spells cost how much, considering my perks, etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:07:34 AM by Tom »

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: November 15, 2011, 03:02:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed in that. I'm a little miffed that encumbrance is set (with a few things you can do to increase your limit) because that means you can't easily pile on potions and head off without any healing magic.

I've also found that whilst playing on Master difficulty can be fun, it starts to get frustrating with some random encounters. I finally toned it down after being killed by the same 2 bears ~10 times :P

Unsure but Oblivion had spells for Encumbrance, also Stamina seems to increase it, also presume some sort of apparel. ALSO use your followers to carry stuff too :P Found them to be MUCH more strong than the player for carrying things :(
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Zakilevo

« Reply #70: November 15, 2011, 03:23:09 AM »
!@#$. The game is glitcher than I thought. I wiped some guys off before one of the quests and now I can't kill them because they are already dead... The arrow is still pointing at the dead body with a missing head.

Zakilevo

« Reply #71: November 15, 2011, 05:54:18 AM »
Has anyone found a way to improve the daedric artifacts to legendary? I manage to improve them to flawless but can't seem to improve them all the way to legendary even with lv 100 smithing.

If you want to improve smithing, buy lots of iron ingots and leather strips and make iron daggers.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: November 15, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »
Has anyone found a way to improve the daedric artifacts to legendary? I manage to improve them to flawless but can't seem to improve them all the way to legendary even with lv 100 smithing.

If you want to improve smithing, buy lots of iron ingots and leather strips and make iron daggers.
Smithing is worthless to level. It's more efficient to find armor, and put the massive amount of perks into heavy armor instead of smithing. Smithing is a huge investment for relatively little gain.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #73: November 15, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
When you improve items to legendary, the stats almost double. I don't think it is that much wasteful. You only need 4 or 5 perks to improve your items all the way.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: November 15, 2011, 04:09:07 PM »
!@#$. The game is glitcher than I thought. I wiped some guys off before one of the quests and now I can't kill them because they are already dead... The arrow is still pointing at the dead body with a missing head.

Hmmm unless it is an essential quest, it should have changed the to be killed person to someone else.

OR you simply go back and explain they are already did. Already did that with a SPOILER: Dragonstone Tablet from the first barrow etc
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries