Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 64741 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm
« Reply #15: March 27, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »
There's really no reason that Zakilevo couldn't still be preaching peace and love.  Priests can be generals (at least on testing) and, as there is no real reason for Sirion to get involved in an affair that isn't theirs (and though we've had some allegiance swaying in the past, we've still betrayed far less than Fontan has) and Sirion has nothing to worry about from Westmoor as we are at peace and have no desire to war Sirion. 

On the contrary, for how long has Jor been trying to improve relations between Sirion and Westmoor?  Far longer than Fontan's been kissing up to Sirion, I'll tell you that.

Instead of trying to make Westmoor an enemy when it wants to be a friend, and Fontan a friend when it will always want to be an enemy, wouldn't it make more sense for the Republic to foster good relations between the two?

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: March 27, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
Sadly, many people in Sirion are worried about Perdan. Even if Sirion becomes an ally with Westmoor, we all know one day Westmoor will have to choose between Sirion and Perdan. And we already know the answer.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:28:58 AM by Zakilevo »

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 27, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
And your posts on here do not match the !@#$ you're sending IC.

Forums: "Oh, we'll stay out of it as long as our allies do."
In-game: "SMASH WESTMOOR IF THEY GET NEAR OUR BORDERS!!!!11!!"

You are looking for any avenue to declare war, frankly. And I do not just say that because I can, I'm recalling past incidents where basically one thing has been said, and the opposite done. The two cases in point I recall are Fontanese infiltrators attacking Westmoorian nobles (one of whom was Malos at the time). What did Fontan say? "We'll punish them, that was not sanctioned by us." What was the actual outcome? Nothing. In fact I strongly suspect it was the opposite, a lot of back-slapping and hearty laughter.

Then there was that incident regarding those two Sirionite cavalry units which entered Westmoorian territory and attacked three of our nobles - Ravier included? Then proceeded to throw taunts around which were borderline as far as IC/OOC goes. Same story - "Not sanctioned, we'll punish". What is the reality? I suspect it goes along the lines of "Good job boys, come and be merry and laugh at those Westmoorian fools".

In other words, there's a whole lot of double-talk. Which is why as Ravier, I do not believe a word when you came to Westmoor City to preach about peace and ties. Talk is cheap, after all, and now the proof is coming out. I also would call into question why a retired General has been called back to active service. It may be nothing more than the fact there were no suitable candidates. Or it could be a prelude to something bigger.

Problem is, we won't know until it's too late, most likely. And at the moment, it's all hypotheticals and rhetoric, but I reckon we'll see Sirion getting involved before long.

The truth about the journey to Bruck  was that one of our armies was moving home from Kazan and the Marshal was posting the shortest route generated by the travel time simulator without studying it to closely. Some people took this opportunity to follow orders and try stir up a situation against Westmoor. They were massively scolded for this and certainly not given a pat on the shoulder for it. It wasn't very viable to give them a formal punishment as they had followed their orders to the letter.

I can imagine how it looks IC to Westmoor though

There are some people that hate Westmoor blindly in Sirion. This is for historical reasons dating back to the days when Wesmoor was founded. Occasionally they run for office on the program of destroying Westmoor, but they have so far lost badly. Current government actually likes King Jor and his administration quite well for being the first government of Westmoor ever who actually make any sense, but we know that Westmoor is Westmoor and they will likely not last and are feeling very nervous about the prospect of them expanding into a major power, the day their government changes next time.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: March 27, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »
The truth about the journey to Bruck  was that one of our armies was moving home from Kazan and the Marshal was posting the shortest route generated by the travel time simulator without studying it to closely. Some people took this opportunity to follow orders and try stir up a situation against Westmoor. They were massively scolded for this and certainly not given a pat on the shoulder for it. It wasn't very viable to give them a formal punishment as they had followed their orders to the letter.

I can imagine how it looks IC to Westmoor though

There are some people that hate Westmoor blindly in Sirion. This is for historical reasons dating back to the days when Wesmoor was founded. Occasionally they run for office on the program of destroying Westmoor, but they have so far lost badly. Current government actually likes King Jor and his administration quite well for being the first government of Westmoor ever who actually make any sense, but we know that Westmoor is Westmoor and they will likely not last and are feeling very nervous about the prospect of them expanding into a major power, the day their government changes next time.

Oh Ravier was talking about that incident. Now I remember. Yes. I got a letter from Thomas complaining about people entering a Westmoorian region. I gave those who entered Westmoor hell and that back fired badly because like Thunthorn said, they were just following orders. Thanks to the incident, there was some tension between the Red Dragon and Zakilevo which later become more significant when Marshal Ragnar refused to help Nivemus after I ordered him to. Now I am back to the office and ready to scold the RD even more!  ;)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #19: March 27, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
Sirion, Caligus, OI, and Perdan are MORE than welcome to make a pact that ensures Jor remains on the throne of Westmoor for all time.  He would have no complaints ever. >.>

Though seriously Zakilevo, I do understand your concern both IC and OOC.  Though you have to realize whenever we hear that Sirion is threatening to attack Westmoor because Fontan whined to them (paraphrasing, though even OI has said that Sirion will involve itself if it 'appears Fontan will be destroyed' even though Fontan's said they'll never surrender), it doesn't foster closer ties between Sirion and Westmoor.  Good ties with both Sirion and Perdan would ensure we remain at least neutral.  And try to negotiate peace between those two realms.

You're not at all concerned if Caligius has to choose between Sirion and Perdan?

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 27, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »
Maedros gets no respect :/
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #21: March 27, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
*pets*  Your reign enabled the diplomatic improvements to begin to move forward.  Though you being one of the poster children for the attacks on Caligus under Flaylen didn't really help issues!

Yorkie

• Peasant
  • The Force is my guide, it helps me find pizza.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 27, 2012, 11:02:04 AM »
I have a good feeling my Hero is about to get some Blade in the Face syndrome as a result from this war.

I just bloody well know it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 27, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
Isn't that the whole reason for becoming a hero? You should be happy. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Yorkie

• Peasant
  • The Force is my guide, it helps me find pizza.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 31, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
Its funny. I was about to move both of my characters from Westmoor to Dwilight. Then my Adventurer was captured by Fronen.

Two days later, they execute him.

To say I'm a little peeved would be an understatement. I do believe I will be staying in Westmoor for the time being. And I do believe this just became a family vendetta.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 31, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »
Fronen? Do you mean Fontan?

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: March 31, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »
Why did Westmoor attack with 13 k CS against Fontan's 19k CS? I don't know how much gold can Westmoor muster but it will be tough to build an army that can match for awhile.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 31, 2012, 11:31:15 AM »
It's Fronen versus Westmoor, what did you expect (We love you both, but it's so easy to make fun of those two Realms)

Don't be surprised if Fontan starts to stubbornly attack one fortified region in an attempt to break through for several months either.

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: March 31, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
It's Fronen versus Westmoor, what did you expect (We love you both, but it's so easy to make fun of those two Realms)

Don't be surprised if Fontan starts to stubbornly attack one fortified region in an attempt to break through for several months either.

If they are smart, they won't dare to attack the cities. Probably going to destroy all the rural regions. Oligarchy is too big anyway. Better to starve the city.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 01, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »
Why did Westmoor attack with 13 k CS against Fontan's 19k CS? I don't know how much gold can Westmoor muster but it will be tough to build an army that can match for awhile.

Attack?

Weren't they going for a picnic? Fontan just happened to be there.....