Author Topic: Question  (Read 19149 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Question
« Reply #30: May 01, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
11k stored is not normal. -_-
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 01, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
It's only for 55 days with no rotting. With rotting it's for around 30-35 days, so it isn't that much....

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 01, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
11k stored is not normal. -_-

I have a constant negative deficit of food on Atamara, on the order of 150 bushels a day. (with 0 storage). If you could just sell some of this food to me on Atamara, I'd gladly buy all of it at 30 gold per 100 bushels.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #33: May 01, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
I know you can sell dat food at 50-65 gold/100 bushels, Dante! :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 01, 2012, 10:24:58 PM »
I know you can sell dat food at 50-65 gold/100 bushels, Dante! :P

Nope, I never sell food. I have one of the most difficult to feed cities on the continent. Not to mention, its made worse by my realm's situation.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 01, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
I have a constant negative deficit of food on Atamara, on the order of 150 bushels a day. (with 0 storage). If you could just sell some of this food to me on Atamara, I'd gladly buy all of it at 30 gold per 100 bushels.

As long as you pay up front...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 02, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
Hm...too bad rotting is introduced again. I have 11k bushels stored and only space for 6k.. And a new granary cost like 1240 gold..

Guess it's cheaper to buy food then a new granary.

Someone will have do help direct investment programs and food transfers to make sure everyone has as many granaries as possible, to minimize rot and costs.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 02, 2012, 12:50:30 AM »
Someone will have do help direct investment programs and food transfers to make sure everyone has as many granaries as possible, to minimize rot and costs.

Or we can fight wars and negotiate treaties over grain, the way the gods intended!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 02, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Or we can fight wars and negotiate treaties over grain, the way the gods intended!

I don't see how fighting wars would help our food safety.

War means gold in soldiers and recruitment centers instead of food and granaries.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 02, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
I don't see how fighting wars would help our food safety.

Who said anything about helping food safety through war?  Quite the opposite: food safety is now a legitimate tactic once more.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 02, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »
Who said anything about helping food safety through war?  Quite the opposite: food safety is now a legitimate tactic once more.

How so? We can't go steal other people's food anymore (or have others steal other peoples' food to sell it to us).

egamma

« Reply #41: May 02, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »

So, we have your promise that you're going to work on New Diplomacy for 20 hours a week?

:)    :D    ;D     

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 02, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »
I present to you...

FoodMaster!

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 02, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »
With respect to the rot, I had messages saying that some food had to be burnt because of rot.  The message included a statement saying it was not yet in effect, but are those numbers close to accurate?  If so, rot will happen to all food, but in greater numbers for food not stored in a granary?  I have space for 6000 bushels, and have slightly more than 2000.  I thought I would not have any rot.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: May 02, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
From the Trader's Feedback topic:

1% is correct. Over storage limit, it depends on the season, but is on average twice as high.

Numbers are subject to further tweaking.

There's indeed currently a 1% rot when you're under your storage limit. When you're over your limit the percentage will be higher.