Author Topic: Question  (Read 19144 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #45: May 02, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
How so? We can't go steal other people's food anymore (or have others steal other peoples' food to sell it to us).

LOL steal food.  I think you meant to say burn.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 03, 2012, 12:02:36 AM »
LOL steal food.  I think you meant to say burn.

No, I mean steal.

You can't sell burnt food, but you could sell stolen food...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 03, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »
No, I mean steal.

You can't sell burnt food, but you could sell stolen food...

And Solari meant, "How do you expect to steal food when you have no caravans?"
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 03, 2012, 12:20:09 AM »
And Solari meant, "How do you expect to steal food when you have no caravans?"
Chenier said that indirectly if you read what Solaria quoted.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 03, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »
Chenier said that indirectly if you read what Solaria quoted.

He said he'd have other people steal it. But they don't have caravans, either. Nobody does. Looting food is impossible for the time being.

We do have some plans to change that, but they'll depend on how things go over the next few months.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 03, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
How so? We can't go steal other people's food anymore (or have others steal other peoples' food to sell it to us).

The key word was can't as in he can't because there are no caravans like you said. Hope I am not too annoying, just trying to point out that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 03, 2012, 12:29:48 AM »

The key word was can't as in he can't because there are no caravans like you said. Hope I am not too annoying, just trying to point out that.

Oh. Duh. Thanks, you're right ;D
Timothy Collett

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 03, 2012, 12:38:22 AM »
Well... actually...

Looting Activity   (17 days ago)
message to all nobles of Luria Nova
Someone from our realm has plundered Nuas (Grand Duchy of Fissoa), stealing food from the grain stores.

Report from Eddard Huntington   (17 days ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (21 recipients)
"Your men take 4 in gold and valuables from the people of Nuas.
 Production in this region falls by 4% to 51%.
 Your men steal 73 bushels of food from the local grain stores and send it towards your home region, Grodno.
 3 local peasants were killed by your men."

Eddard Huntington
Margrave of Grodno

I'm not sure if it actually works yet, but the reports say it does at least. :)

egamma

« Reply #53: May 03, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
Well... actually...

I'm not sure if it actually works yet, but the reports say it does at least. :)

The bushels either went to the region of the one doing the looting, or you have some really fat soldiers now.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 03, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »
From the Trader's Feedback topic:

There's indeed currently a 1% rot when you're under your storage limit. When you're over your limit the percentage will be higher.
That's annoying.  But I suppose no food last forever so it is a realistic aspect.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 03, 2012, 03:13:14 AM »

I did originally mention that it was no longer possible to do it, therefore that food wasn't as much as a motivator as it could once be.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: May 03, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
I did originally mention that it was no longer possible to do it, therefore that food wasn't as much as a motivator as it could once be.

Why would anyone only consider stealing food to be effective?  For D'Hara's circumstances?  Sure, makes sense.  For anyone not running a deficit?  Burn every field you come across.  While it's true that stealing grain both benefits you and harms your foe, too many people think about things in that order only.  Sometimes, it's better to hurt your foe first and last.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 03, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Why would anyone only consider stealing food to be effective?  For D'Hara's circumstances?  Sure, makes sense.  For anyone not running a deficit?  Burn every field you come across.  While it's true that stealing grain both benefits you and harms your foe, too many people think about things in that order only.  Sometimes, it's better to hurt your foe first and last.

Because you can then sell the food you stole. To D'Hara, of course. :P

Then you have gold to steal some more!

Seems like it's now being automatically done, though. A change I was not aware of.