Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360165 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #825: January 20, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
No I didn't, so you know, I hope you're not just marching to war based on a misconception that would be lame.

This quote alone makes me disregard everything you have to say ever. Doing things based on misconceptions isn't lame, it's good RP.

Nonetheless, this isn't a misconception, regardless of whatever technicalities you doctored into your law. Even if it weren't true, the implication that people should (even if they're not legally mandated to) worship their monarch above all else is worth burning the nation to the ground over.

You seriously cannot play the victim here. People have said, for like, years, everything you do wrong. Constantly. IC and OOC. And you argue and attempt to justify constantly. Guess what: there's no conspiracy. People don't arbitrarily hate you for no reason. There are dozens of realms in Dwilight and none of them are as unanimously hated as Aurvandil. That's not the continent's fault, it's yours.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #826: January 20, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
As for the religion thing... I don't think that has anything to do with it. Especially since the creation of Orthodox Astroism in Aurvandil it's sort of a moot point. Whether that means that you're more or less popular now than you were before remains to be seen. :)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #827: January 20, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »
As I understand it, D'Haran's simply are not big fans of war and would rather avoid it. Why is that you say? Convince us, JeV? Simple: War is unprofitable. Doesn't get more D'Haran than that, amiright?

D'Hara and Luria hate each other (entirely Luria's fault btw), but we fear the threat of Aurvandil. An army that massive and efficient with a ruler like Medicant makes all of Dwilight (with the acception of Falkirk) Uneasy. For example, I remember when Rynn tried to get the Moot to consider peace. All Vellos had to do was say "boo! Heathen Aurvandil's gonna getchya!" And the fear mongering that followed obliterated any chance of that and embittered our characters against each other.

Of course, Rynn also sought better relations with Malus and his nobles before they declared war on D'Hara, it's one of his primary RP reasons for despising them now, but I digress.

If it is one thing the Lurians have made clear, it's that they still see D'Hara as Lurian. To that extent, they treat us as such by (seemingly against all odds and logic) ostensibly uniting against a common threat. With interfering influences dealt with, we can at last get back to slapping each other around like proper Lurians  ;)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #828: January 20, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
As for the religion thing... I don't think that has anything to do with it. Especially since the creation of Orthodox Astroism in Aurvandil it's sort of a moot point. Whether that means that you're more or less popular now than you were before remains to be seen. :)

I was going to ask about that. Does that mean religion is NOT banned in Aurvandil anymore? Is Orthodox Astroism then tacitly supported by the State?

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #829: January 20, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »
OA is not supported, but it is not interfered with either. Lords have the right to choose if they want it in their region.

As far as our armies go, I wish Mendicant had been imperialist and kept madina. oh the gold, the sweet sweet gold.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #830: January 20, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
No I didn't, so you know, I hope you're not just marching to war based on a misconception that would be lame.

I don't know why Luria wants to see Fissoa and D'Hara strengthened, a new Madina formed in Falkirk, creating a power bloc that will allow D'Hara and co to walk over and give Alice a rough one as they please. Which, based on letters Mendicant has seen is the D'Haran intent the moment Aurvandil is done and dusted.

It's silly.

Particularly considering Aurvandil has no intention for war with Luria Nova in the future, but D'Hara quite clearly does.
@ first part,Thats how everyone sees it IC. OOC, you basically said no PDA of religion which ain't that great either. Plus your harboring Allison, which no one really likes IC anymore.

I don't really see this war strengthening D'hara nor do I see LN feeling threatened by D'hara either way. Luria wants to see Fissoa grow because they are allies, you know, the thing Aurvandil hates. And as far as the war continuing, I am not sure of either side plans on initiating the war again, but both sides expect it from their neighbor. Within the peace treaty, it only promises peace for one month after Aurvandil dies or peace is signed by all parties because D'hara doesn't care if they attack us after the war because we see it happening with or without that. Also Aurvandil not having plans based on what you say doesn't mean much as you change your mind to whatever sounds best at the moment.. I doubt you planned on basically destroying the only reason Aurvandil was able to win against Madina, which is Barca because of their borrowing of Evansburg. I doubt you planned on allying with Falkirirk.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #831: January 20, 2013, 06:35:39 PM »
Maybe. But things can be done to change that. History shows that if you border one of you guys, invasion is imminent and politicking your way out of it not an option, unless you want to become a subject.
Not to mention that we know that Aurvandil wanted to invade us and was trying to arrange passage through D'Hara for it before this war started. You can't just be /that/ belligerent and still expect people to believe you when you say you won't attack them at some point.

Besides, there's a big difference between a war with D'Hara and a war with Aurvandil.

Would that be the time D'Hara was asking Aurvandil to help fight Luria Nova and we discussed the possibility, or the time when Luria Nova declared an intent to war with Aurvandil and we asked D'Hara what our options were?

Aurvandil doesn't care about Luria Nova in the slightest. You're too far away and too foreign for us to care unless you give us a reason to care.

This quote alone makes me disregard everything you have to say ever. Doing things based on misconceptions isn't lame, it's good RP.

Nonetheless, this isn't a misconception, regardless of whatever technicalities you doctored into your law. Even if it weren't true, the implication that people should (even if they're not legally mandated to) worship their monarch above all else is worth burning the nation to the ground over.

You seriously cannot play the victim here. People have said, for like, years, everything you do wrong. Constantly. IC and OOC. And you argue and attempt to justify constantly. Guess what: there's no conspiracy. People don't arbitrarily hate you for no reason. There are dozens of realms in Dwilight and none of them are as unanimously hated as Aurvandil. That's not the continent's fault, it's yours.

It is a misconception. Religion isn't outlawed in Aurvandil, on account of the fact we recently founded a religion... are going to found another, and even as far back as months ago we invited other religions to come and preach in Aurvandil. But I suppose that doesn't matter?

And I'm not trying to play the victim here, I am however bored of your poorly done dog pile war that you yourself struggle to even make sense on an IC level.

I was going to ask about that. Does that mean religion is NOT banned in Aurvandil anymore? Is Orthodox Astroism then tacitly supported by the State?

Religion was never banned in Aurvandil.

As for Orthodox Astroism, well the true depths of what is going on there may become apparent soon.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #832: January 20, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
With interfering influences dealt with, we can at last get back to slapping each other around like proper Lurians  ;)

Oh? So you consider yourself Lurian now? Great!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #833: January 20, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »
Rynn might, but I doubt the rest of D'hara does.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #834: January 20, 2013, 09:44:42 PM »

Don't get too excited. Alice's children will still be miserable D'Haran half-breeds if Fissoa falls... ;D

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #835: January 20, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
Alice's children will still be miserable D'Haran half-breeds if Fissoa falls...

I think any D'Haran child would be miserable. Just sayin'. Let alone Alice's children, or god forbid, Rynn's.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #836: January 20, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »
I think any D'Haran child would be miserable. Just sayin'. Let alone Alice's children, or god forbid, Rynn's.

Keep it up, Woelfy, and the JeVondair's will include Sevestan's pitiable progeny in their ruthlessly amorous breeding program to spread D'Haran imperialism through the most powerful force of all....Love.

Love, Gold, and Sarcasm. Hail thy future D'Haran overlords!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #837: January 20, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Keep it up, Woelfy, and the JeVondair's will include Sevestan's pitiable progeny in their ruthlessly amorous breeding program to spread D'Haran imperialism through the most powerful force of all....Love.

Love, Gold, and Sarcasm. Hail thy future D'Haran overlords!

Uh... Sevastian is a man, and married to Jonsu. Good luck trying to get any of his children.

* Woelfy will destroy D'Hara, in this life or the next!

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #838: January 20, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
Uh... Sevastian is a man, and married to Jonsu. Good luck trying to get any of his children.

* Woelfy will destroy D'Hara, in this life or the next!

"Children". Yeah, lets call them that.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #839: January 20, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
"Children". Yeah, lets call them that.

Well, it sounded better than 'feral little monsters'.