Author Topic: "Elves"?  (Read 24103 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
"Elves"?
« Topic Start: August 07, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
I've been wondering, which character(s) are ACTUALLY grandfathered in as elves, and which are simply humans who hacked off parts of their ears to make them pointy?  Is there any actual record? 

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: "Elves"?
« Reply #1: August 07, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
Is there any actual record?

The short answer is "no". I'll leave the long answer to others who may have a strong opinion about it.  ;)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 07, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »
I think there's a strong "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" when it comes to the whole Elves of Sirion deal...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 07, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »
I think there's a strong "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" when it comes to the whole Elves of Sirion deal...

He is referring to the original ruling and asking if any characters remain that could legitimately be covered by that clause. Don't think he is trying to reopen the whole debate about the validity of the newer elf generations.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: August 07, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
He is referring to the original ruling and asking if any characters remain that could legitimately be covered by that clause. Don't think he is trying to reopen the whole debate about the validity of the newer elf generations.
This.

Well, at the very least when was the ruling issued and were there any specifics (had to be created/born in Sirion rather than immigrated to, etc)?  Could always do the legwork on my own with that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 07, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
This.

Well, at the very least when was the ruling issued and were there any specifics (had to be created/born in Sirion rather than immigrated to, etc)?  Could always do the legwork on my own with that.

Not sure when it was issued, before 2008 I think. My understanding was it covered any family in Sirion at the time.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 07, 2012, 01:30:17 PM »
I believe it was issued some time in the 2001-2002 timeframe...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 07, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
Yes it was very early in the history of the game.  It's why my family's stance on the whole thing is that people are lying about their heritage.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: August 07, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
Someone in Sirion said people are lying about their heritage and people were pissed off...

I would avoid bringing that up in game to avoid waves of protest letters.

Oh well it isn't like it is detrimental to the game.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 07, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »
Ooo a hornet's nest to kick =)

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: August 07, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
Ooo a hornet's nest to kick =)

Indeed...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #11: August 07, 2012, 09:26:43 PM »
I believe it was issued some time in the 2001-2002 timeframe...
I can't seem to find a single account in Sirion that even has characters dating back to that time... :|

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 07, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »
Circle Tezokian now Ecthelion.  He's been there that long, almost positive (3644 days in realm).  High Guard another character of that same era was in Rancagua which was the second realm to ever be utterly destroyed.

The next closest is Alexander Acies Dux Ducis who created in early 2003.

The problem with the really really old stuff is that there isn't a family history entry for it since it didn't even exist =)  Look for the creation of my first characters Gregor, Lelnor, Boeth, and Norel (not the reborn Norel, but the first King of Oligarch and Perdan (pre restart).

Heck anything to do with Hasland isn't even my family history and that was my favorite time in the game.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:50:53 PM by loren »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 07, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
Records indicate Circle was created in late 2002.

In fact, the character will be 10 years old in exactly 9 days. Someone might want to let his player know; them's bragging rights, right there!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 07, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »
Don't happen to have Gregor's actual creation date in the DB do we =)