Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns  (Read 60674 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns
« Reply #225: October 15, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »

Behind the scenes:
    Sonya was the most persistent in scanning someone over and over again until their roles were revealed[/i]
    .[/li]
    [/list]

You sure are trying to get me angry do you?

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

I had to scan Slapstick and Ketchum 2 times and on the 5th day i got killed, what kind of power is that for a sage?
    You slowly make your way behind "Spiderman" and then give him... the Evil Eye. After several moments of concentration you shake your head silly to clear your thoughts. It appears he has not sensed your psychic intrusion. All you can tell about him is that he is as dedicated a scientist as they come. There may be more to him but you are mentally tired and cannot do anymore today.

Thats all the info for all first scan, is a waste of time... ....

Even with 2 scans all i manage to get up to the trait, then think about what character had to use these traits  thats why i was crazy asking GM about trits color: LOOK HERE!

But NOOOOOO! bad guys had to have good traits as well, so in the end, 2 scan were not enough, so the GM intended to scan 3 times a player!

There is no way i can lose a game as a (Real) Sage and 5 days to scan people.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:05:18 PM by Sonya »

Fury

« Reply #226: October 15, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
    Mine too?  :(

Oops, the last three survivors (Lefanis, Velax, Ketchum) were not inactive attacks. Slapsticks was the last inactive attack.

Fury

« Reply #227: October 15, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »
    You sure are trying to get me angry do you?
    It means you were doing it the right way scanning someone until you were sure of their roles. Others were scanning just one person one time and then moving on.

I had to scan Slapstick and Ketchum 2 times and on the 5th day i got killed, what kind of power is that for a sage?
    Thats all the info for all first scan, is a waste of time... ....
    Power of 'sages' reduced by dividing it among more people (4) giving more people more things to do instead of getting a plain vanilla role.

But NOOOOOO! bad guys had to have good traits as well, so in the end, 2 scan were not enough, so the GM intended to scan 3 times a player!
    Bad guys have only 2 roles (I combine roles & traits together) as well. Except for Ketchum in the end because he was recruited.

There is no way i can lose a game as a (Real) Sage and 5 days to scan people.
    Which is why cooperation is needed. Can't play solo as usual. As the Thing can only attack inactives the first few times, it won't hurt to reveal your roles like Velax did.

Fury

« Reply #228: October 15, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
    I did a mistake in my analysis about my Research notes provided by Fury.
    Privately I clarify thing with GM about copy-and-paste notes from GM, as I saw Zaki done it earlier :(
    I think paraphrasing may be difficult as the research text was difficult. In future, I think copy+pasting (for research only) may have to be acceptable.

Fury

« Reply #229: October 15, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
    Why didn't Velax join Agents? There was no hope for a victory for him otherwise.
    Velax didn't want to be the bad guy I think. He wanted to trick Ketchum into lynching the Thing and letting the good guys win. Which was why he didn't shoot the lynch target and identify the Thing right away as then the Agents will simply call in their Black Ops.

Fury

« Reply #230: October 15, 2012, 03:37:42 PM »
    I can imagine Velax's predicament, knowing he isn't the thing with no way to prove it.  ;D
    I was laughing so hard at the Har Har Har. Game over Thing  ;D

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #231: October 15, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
    I was laughing so hard at the Har Har Har. Game over Thing  ;D

;D
    What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #232: October 15, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
    ;D
    Guess the Thing or Corpse really, has a last laugh. Har Har Har :D

What can we learn from here?

1) Never vote the Hunter who cannot prove himself?
    2) Researcher should not reveal their roles, just Sage and Hunter should reveal their roles?
    3) Do add on...
    Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
    Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
    BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Fury

« Reply #233: October 15, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
    Could always have asked the Hunter to shoot himself and clear his name. Nothing in the rules against that.

Researchers need to work together too so they don't research redundant info.

Expect a twist in The Thing WW theme.

Take time to reduce the suspect list before voting to lynch.

If you find a bad guy other than the Thing maybe not necessary to kill him off right away. Maybe use his skills until no longer necessary. Likewise for the bad guys.

Read the rules.  ;)

Any time you want another Thing game just let me know.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • Traveling to a new world!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #234: October 15, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
    Guess the Thing or Corpse really, has a last laugh. Har Har Har :D

What can we learn from here?

1) Never vote the Hunter who cannot prove himself?
    2) Researcher should not reveal their roles, just Sage and Hunter should reveal their roles?
    3) Do add on...

Sage should not reveal the role, not in a game with two Enemy sides.

One of the reason why i couldn't grasp the plot was for the Hunter, i was not sure what side Velax was. if i had him on my message group i would know about the he shooting me.

Also is Ketchum fault, and and..errr..... the game was kind of complicated, even though the 3 people i scanned were townie at first:

Slaptsick (Escapist: had to be a townie)
    Zakilevo (Researcher: had to be a townie)
    Ketchum (Academic with nobel prize research: had to be a townie, but turned to the Darkside)

My hearth attack came when:

Lefanis the Secret Government Agent / Psychologist is attacked and killed.

Found a bad guy with a good trait, everything went downhill from there since my trait calculation could be mistake.

Power of 'sages' reduced by dividing it among more people (4) giving more people more things to do instead of getting a plain vanilla role.

You are right, it was fun, thanks for the thrill on this game, it had me thinking the whole day, even when going bed.

Thanks Fury, can't wait for the "Thing 3" game!
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:30:14 PM by Sonya »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #235: October 15, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
    LOL about the Darkside part from Sonya :P

After so many Villages fail, Lefanis the Agent come with an offer that I find hard to refuse. See my image reply below.
    Coupled with my earlier analysis that Velax could be Hunter/Thing combo.

Cringes in horror at the end when I found out Telrunya the Thing last hint before his death, he misled me :(

Like Sonya, I thinking good guys with bad guys skills combo kinda of headache.
    Make me reshape my analysis for the last few days, finally I start dislike analysis for once >:(

Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Fury

« Reply #236: October 15, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
    Well, the Agents needed to scan the Thing to identify it so they needed some scan roles...
    All, right - given what we all know now, let's start the next Thing in a day or two...  ;)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #237: October 15, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
    Believe me, if someone splitted his ass laughing at the "Har Har Har. Game over Thing" it was me. I even thought about RPing some scary laughter on a corner, but I later realised that it would be the same than asking to be voted and losing the game. So, I decided to just forget it and keep the laugh for the end  ;D

I also find ironic the fight with Lefanis. My dear fellow, we failed finding each other!

Finally, I think that my biggest mistake was scanning just once to everyone. Though in my defence I have to say that I would have never imagined that roles were assigned like Thing/Scientist or something like that. I was like  :o when I discovered it.
    D'Espana Family

Fury

« Reply #238: October 16, 2012, 02:59:50 AM »
    I also find ironic the fight with Lefanis. My dear fellow, we failed finding each other!
    Give out very very small hints. That's how Penchant found me in the mad scientist.

Though in my defence I have to say that I would have never imagined that roles were assigned like Thing/Scientist or something like that. I was like  :o when I discovered it.
    "Trust no one. Suspect everyone." - will be the new tagline.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #239: October 16, 2012, 03:53:16 AM »
    I find it a bit ironic that my message to Velax below about a suspect example, namely D'Espana turned out to be correct hunch. Next time, I wont budge anyone if I have the ability to >:(

Yes, I think that is. Darn my Headquarters radio communication is cut off.

Are we ready to rock and roll?

Do we have another suspect beside Sonya?

Just in case Sonya is not the one we looking for. One of us may survive to fight the another day, or may not.

Example, if D'Espana is the suspect, we lynch him. While you shoot Sonya.
    Either way we can win 8)