Author Topic: October 2012 Roadmap [Updated October 26]  (Read 10392 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: October 2012 Roadmap [Updated October 12]
« Reply #15: October 13, 2012, 08:12:19 AM »
What about Character list? Is that on the menu by any chance? Cause it looked and worked awesome now it's gone down the drain. I mean it just listed and everything that it was has been taken away... also we can no longer easily look at family pages from it.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 13, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
Assuming you're talking about more than just no Family link, you can fix the Character List by emptying your cache.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 13, 2012, 03:07:35 PM »
That's exactly correct.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 13, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
What do you guys mean by cache? I have cleared Firefox's cache five times and I am still getting funny tables and the dynamic maps are not working... Are you guys only clearing cache or are you clearing cookies, history and all that too?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 13, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
Using Chrome, I cleared the cache and they worked fine. Did you empty the entire cache or just "the last hour" or something?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 13, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
What do you guys mean by cache? I have cleared Firefox's cache five times and I am still getting funny tables and the dynamic maps are not working... Are you guys only clearing cache or are you clearing cookies, history and all that too?

for me i went tools:options:advanced:clear cache

and that path worked for me

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 15, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »
control+f5 should also do this (in theory)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 15, 2012, 05:54:37 AM »
I am guessing it was a Firefox issue. When I would clock "Clear Now" under Options>Advanced>Network>Cached Web Content, it would drop from several hundred megabytes to 9 kilobytes. I even mad sure to have all BattleMaster tabs closed before clearing the cache and it always kept 9 kilobytes for some reason. This morning, however, clearing the cache resulted in removing all data and everything works again. Thanks for the help!

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 19, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »
October Week 3 Update

October Goals and Status

tl;dr status: On Time

Notes:  While working on the new features we ran into a situation where we had to first convert the affected portions of code to the new doctrine method before work could actually begin on the feature.  This essentially changes adding one
of the new features from a 1 person job at X hours, to a 2 person job at 2(X) hours.

This will become very apparent with next week's Burn Down Chart as the Actual Work Hours line will fall below the horizontal axis, meaning they are putting in more hours then planned.

Due to this, the dev team has decided to place a heavy focus on converting the remaining code, which is a huge undertaking. This will be reflected in future Roadmaps.

Siege Engines in Scout Reports - In Progress
Automated Market Offers - In Progress
Doctrinifying the Guild scripts - In Progress
Admin backend updates - In Progress

Sea Routes  - Live on Testing Islands
Buying Provisions - Live on Testing Islands
New Message System - In final testing

Facebook updates - Complete - now requires regular updates which has been happening
Region Subtypes - Complete
10 Bug Fixes - 40 have been completed

New Addition(s)
None

Burn Down Chart

As always, feel free to ask questions or comment.

Best regards,
Scott

Gustav Kuriga

Re: October 2012 Roadmap [Updated October 19]
« Reply #24: October 19, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »
Wouldn't the chart make more sense to the average viewer if it went up from 0, 0?

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 20, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »
Yes and No.  Yes because it's more intuitive, but No because it measure the amount of work they've commited to doing vs how much they've actually done.  Since we move forward in time we base status on work left to complete.

Next month we'll be going back to specific goals (bugs I think) so it will change again.

If the community in general would like to see the graph (when it's in hours) go up from 0,0 I'm happy to do that.

cheers,
Scott

egamma

« Reply #26: October 20, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
Yes and No.  Yes because it's more intuitive, but No because it measure the amount of work they've commited to doing vs how much they've actually done.  Since we move forward in time we base status on work left to complete.

Next month we'll be going back to specific goals (bugs I think) so it will change again.

If the community in general would like to see the graph (when it's in hours) go up from 0,0 I'm happy to do that.

cheers,
Scott

I think showing "work done" is more intuitive, and avoids having "negative time" on the graph.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #27: October 20, 2012, 04:55:27 AM »
I think showing "work done" is more intuitive, and avoids having "negative time" on the graph.
I'll have to agree with that, of course.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 20, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »
I'll have to agree with that, of course.

When you're working on something that you know will take X hours (let's say 10), when you are judging how you're doing, do you look at how many hours you have already worked (a positive graph) or how many hours you left? (a negative graph).

I'm OK with a positive graph, I just wanted to add a better explanation of why the graph goes down.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #29: October 20, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »
Please keep the burndown chart.

A positive graph is unlimited, and would leave the dev team with the impression that there's always more we could have done. The burndown chart tells us that at some point, we've done it. That is important from a motivational point of view.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:51:08 PM by Tom »