Author Topic: Realm Merger of Solaria and Luria Nova  (Read 33437 times)

BattleMaster Server

Realm Merger of Solaria and Luria Nova
« Topic Start: October 24, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
Summary:Realm Merger of Solaria and Luria Nova
Violation:exploiting a bug and/or realm mergers are illegal
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Eric Henson
About:Sevastian

Full Complaint Text:

Every single last region of Solaria has joined Luria Nova. This was possible by exploiting a bug, and is a violation of the realm mergers policy.

Region Changes Allegiance

message to Everyone on Dwilight

Tranquil has changed its allegiance to the realm of Luria Nova. The region used to belong to Solaria.

Duchy Changes Allegiance (7 minutes ago)

The Courts of Stone has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Luria Nova. The duchy used to belong to Solaria.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:20:10 PM by egamma »

egamma

Re: Realm Merger of Solaria and Luria Nova
« Reply #1: October 24, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
I'm not sure if Sevastian is the only defendant, but as the region lord of the last stronghold in the realm of Solaria, he exploited a bug by switching allegiance.

BattleMaster Server

Ruler of Solaria performed a complete realm merger
« Reply #2: October 24, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Summary:Ruler of Solaria performed a complete realm merger
Violation:Realm merger rule
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Joe Truba
About:Kyle Douglass

Full Complaint Text:

Duchy Joins Realm   (10 minutes ago)

message to all nobles of Luria Nova

Sevastian Guile has changed the allegiance of The Courts of Stone to your realm. The duchy used to be a part of Solaria.

Together with the duke, the following knights joined your realm: Sevastian Guile, Obsidian Maldives.

[protest options]

Duchy Changes Allegiance   (10 minutes ago)

The Courts of Stone has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Luria Nova. The duchy used to belong to Solaria.

This merged the last region of Solaria into Luria Nova. The only person with knowledge that this even could happen (since it should have been prevented by game code) was the ruler of Solaria -- Sevastian Guile.

egamma

« Reply #3: October 24, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
(two identical complaints merged; I'm not sure if this is proper. If needed, feel free to delete mine)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 24, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
The capital duchy of Solaria switched to Luria Nova, there was no funds to relocate the capital to Balance's Retreat.

Sevastian stepped down as ruler, and used the Ducal option to switch realms instead of struggling with a capital-less realm.

If it was as impossible as I have been lead to believe, then something is broken in the mechanics.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 24, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »
Definately an exploit. However, I would also like to know the intent behind the second duchy flip. Perhaps the character was trying to cash his chips and keep whatever titles and lands he had left. Doesn't take away from the fact that he exploited a bug however.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 24, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
Definately an exploit. However, I would also like to know the intent behind the second duchy flip. Perhaps the character was trying to cash his chips and keep whatever titles and lands he had left. Doesn't take away from the fact that he exploited a bug however.

The realm of Solaria had no money left, no chance of surviving. Sevastian wasn't trying to salvage anything but allowing the remaining members of Solaria a chance to keep living and fighting.

If its a bug exploit, I'm fully prepared for whatever repercussions come of it. I would like to know how the duchy that held the capital was able to switch in the first place though.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 24, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
Seems like a pretty obvious exploit to me. Somebody wanna bugtracker it?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 24, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
there was no funds to relocate the capital to Balance's Retreat.

Is that intended? I would have expected the capital to relocate automatically with no need of funds.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 24, 2012, 07:40:55 PM »
Is that intended? I would have expected the capital to relocate automatically with no need of funds.

It didn't though. The capital duchy was removed, and BR was still just a stronghold. Up until seconds before BR became Novan, the realm page of Solaria still listed Poryatown as the capital.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 24, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »

Losing your capital is intended to cause problems. This is not intended to be a solution to those problems.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 24, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
Losing your capital is intended to cause problems. This is not intended to be a solution to those problems.

Well, of course not, I was just wondering if this was a separate bug or intended behaviour.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 24, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »

Then the option shouldn't have been available IMHO.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 24, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
Then the option shouldn't have been available IMHO.

That is, indeed, the bug in question.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: October 24, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »
There are two bugs here.

One, the duchy containing the capital should not be allowed to switch realms.
Two, the last duchy of a realm should not be allowed to switch realms.

Whoever made the first duchy change without reporting it as a bug is as guilty as Sebastian.