Author Topic: Lukon vs Oritolon  (Read 45458 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lukon vs Oritolon
« Reply #75: June 06, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Problem is units are bigger these days because of more money (all those carrots stacking up from estate system changes) and less players.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 07, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »
This will change in a bit.  Lukon wants more wars too.  So we are working to make it happen.  Dumb old stinky Oritolon is all noooo we are greedy and want to win...

LoL just kidding guys.  but we will see some changes coming!  Should provide for a faster paced world once Oritolon is subjected...errr I mean talked into it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 13, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
For those keeping track, one of Lukon Townsland city, Padaost city is driven rogue by Oritolon army recently. Lukon has refitted and is on their way to the frontline...... to be continue...
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #78: June 13, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
This will change in a bit.  Lukon wants more wars too.  So we are working to make it happen.  Dumb old stinky Oritolon is all noooo we are greedy and want to win...

Don't be silly, Oritolon and Lukon are in a war. Doesn't that count? And it's 3 cities versus 3 cities, so it's a pretty even match.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 14, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Although I was all in favour of Empire to begin with, I have to say this war has been jolly good fun so far. Certainly made things more interesting in Oritolon at any rate. And no more political infighting either! There appears to be some kind of unspoken truce whilst we deal with the barbarian hordes.

It does seem like Lukon has lost a bit of puff recently. The war seems to be going marginally in Oritolon's favour for the moment. It'll be interesting to see how things develop from here.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 14, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
What is going on in the North, i thought the Tilogians would have join in  by now, they are missing all the fun...
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

egamma

« Reply #81: June 15, 2013, 04:55:41 AM »
What is going on in the North, i thought the Tilogians would have join in  by now, they are missing all the fun...

Perhaps you are mistaken as to which side they will really join?

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 15, 2013, 07:18:01 AM »
well if the Tilogians join in with Oritolon then we win.. if they join in with Lukon, then more heads for headball... all is good..  :D
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 17, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
If OT wishes to win the war for Oritolon... they would just have to say so.  Perhaps they will in the end...but you must remember that the idea of a city state Colonies began with OT... Lukon has added some other things to the idea such as an agreement preventing the taking of more than once city by a nation... Infiltrator agreements such as standard prices they can pay to lift a ban (in the hopes of keeping more nobles in the colonies)... religious agreements (putting it to the priests to fight it out instead of acts against nations)... 

So who knows... Only OT knows.

As for the war its self... One blunder after another.   Lukon built its self up on precise moves and agility with its armies... but none of that has been seen thus far.  Our military has looked more like an old man picking up his sword after years in retirement.  All the knowledge and skills ready but all stiff and unable to move.

But... things are changing now.  It has taken a bit for the rust to fall off... but big changes in Lukon taking place.

egamma

« Reply #84: June 17, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
But... things are changing now.  It has taken a bit for the rust to fall off... but big changes in Lukon taking place.

Like...running low on your stockpile of gold?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 18, 2013, 03:35:44 AM »
Although I was all in favour of Empire to begin with, I have to say this war has been jolly good fun so far. Certainly made things more interesting in Oritolon at any rate. And no more political infighting either! There appears to be some kind of unspoken truce whilst we deal with the barbarian hordes.

It does seem like Lukon has lost a bit of puff recently. The war seems to be going marginally in Oritolon's favour for the moment. It'll be interesting to see how things develop from here.
Oritolon politics sometime amaze me. I think the saying "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" aptly describe our internal stuff. When we have a common enemy, we will put aside all our differences. Together we are one :D

If Lukon cheerful Judge, Blackbeard is still here and witness this war, he would have say jollily. "Puff, here we go again". He did warn Ash this would come to pass after all :o

well if the Tilogians join in with Oritolon then we win.. if they join in with Lukon, then more heads for headball... all is good..  :D
About OT, they seems to be making all the changes according to their liking up north: MT demise. They will find a new realm north soon. Or they could join in the war for a change. Or could it be OT is waiting for the victor of this war to attack the victorious realm and become ugh!... Colonies new biggest realm. Since either Orit or Lukon are bound to be weaken by this war after this no matter which side win. There are so many possibilities :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 18, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
Like...running low on your stockpile of gold?

LOL You should always take what Robin tells you with a grain of salt.  Two bits of misinformation were taking place while Robin spent such a short time in Lukon...

1. I made sure he thought we were going to assault Alebad city... by easily making sure he could see the orders being given while excluding him on the real orders...
2. The view that Lukon is hurting for funds.  Truth is we operate differently than most realms when it comes to economics.  Everyone has a consistent income but all excess flows up the chain of command to the Duchesses and Ruler.  We call it the "Slush Fund" and have had it in operation for 8 years or so.  It basically means that any time we go to recruit we have the Duchesses or Ruler handing out the funds to everyone who asks.  In this special case, having Robin as a guest for a week, we made sure to act out a bit.

But no...the big changes I referred to is the stepping down of Ares.  The player of Ares has been trying to run the war while his life has been busy and crazy.  He has only been able to log in every few days so thought it best step down after a bit of infighting cropped up over the mounting military losses.

Whom will lead the army of Lukon next?  Stay tuned!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 19, 2013, 02:47:40 AM »
*Bit of what my characters dont know*
As player OOC, I do know Lukon has "Slush Fund". The misinformation Lukon done is pretty good.

As characters IG, Ash and May dont know. Especially May, as she not a woman of war, she dislike war and politic. Good to know on forum that Lukon is still doing fine, despite whatever Oritolon done. After all, Lukon is a big force to be reckon with. Would be disappointed if Lukon does not live up to our expectation :P

Speaking from May perspective. She dislike war and politic. This is due to her past experience on EC island. The very main reason why she became a religion priestess in the first place. She wont run for Oritolon Judge until Malice requests her to do so(Thank you Revan) ;)

As for Ash. Personally Ash dislike Robin and will take everything Robin says with a pinch of salt. Considering Queen Valakyrie of Lukon did help Ash to get out the Robin true intention in the past. Before the war. Coupled with Robin self-initiated Lords Referendum to remove Ash Ambassador title, it really does not pay much to understand why Ash dislike Robin. As a fellow politician, Ash does respect Robin on certain things while disagree on other things  8)

About Ares, Lukon's God of War. I am sad to hear he going to step down from General. As a young Warrior, Ash has heard a lot of Ares stories, legends  :(

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 19, 2013, 03:05:20 AM »
Ya... I hope Ares sticks around.  If so he will be General again I am sure.  He is just working hard at the moment.

Lukon is NOT doing find tho.  Oh man we are struggling.  I mean we are not falling apart at the seams or anything like that... and the regions that have been lost are just fluff.  We could loose Vir, Bode and Rola also and still be sitting find with food and gold.  No our problem is that we have done so well for so long...and so well at politics of fear and power for so long...that no one remembers how to fight!  lol...  We had a huge army that would have finally removed the blockage in Iglawhatsit and we ended up fowling up the move so that we hit in 3 or 4 waves :-P such basic mistakes like that.

Part of it was game mechanics... Part of it was character age... and part of it is just the fact that players have been able to chill out for so long that everyone was only half paying attention or too busy in RL and not reading all the messages or logging in.  Not much anyone can do about that.  I mean for a while Lukon was able to start and end wars just by acting diplomatically...

So the sword of Lukon was rusty.  Now tempered in blood.  :)  Should be a much better war from here out.

egamma

« Reply #89: June 19, 2013, 04:01:43 AM »
We still don't trust Robin--we basically encouraged him to defect to OT to get rid of him. Meanwhile, he thinks that he's our greatest friend, and sends him whatever information he can get--although we don't rely on that information, knowing that sending two sets of orders is a common practice whenever someone untrustworthy is around.