Author Topic: Lukon vs Oritolon  (Read 45438 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lukon vs Oritolon
« Reply #90: June 19, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »
As for the war its self... One blunder after another.   Lukon built its self up on precise moves and agility with its armies... but none of that has been seen thus far.  Our military has looked more like an old man picking up his sword after years in retirement.  All the knowledge and skills ready but all stiff and unable to move.

But... things are changing now.  It has taken a bit for the rust to fall off... but big changes in Lukon taking place.

Ironically, after many years of Oritolon building a reputation as a shambolic military power that could barely hold herself together, Oritolon is now a force to be reckoned with. Never thought I'd see the day when Oritolon had one of the best run armies on the Colonies :-P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:54:52 PM by Revan »

egamma

« Reply #91: June 20, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
Ironically, after many years of Oritolon building a reputation as a shambolic military power that could barely hold herself together, Oritolon is now a force to be reckoned with. Never thought I'd see the day when Oritolon had one of the best run armies on the Colonies :-P

It's because the best players from Giblot, Wetham, and the Assassins have joined Oritolon. Lukon has spent 6 years distilling its enemies into one realm.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: June 20, 2013, 01:49:51 AM »
Amazing huh?  lol... Had I known ALL Lukons enemies from the last decade would be invited into Oritolon I may have not tried so hard to prevent a few rebellions or radical leaders.

*sigh*

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: June 20, 2013, 02:40:56 AM »
Amazing huh?  lol... Had I known ALL Lukons enemies from the last decade would be invited into Oritolon I may have not tried so hard to prevent a few rebellions or radical leaders.

*sigh*
This is the best chance to wipe out all your enemies as they gather in one place. Ahem 8)

Still you should really blame Oritolon Judges for allowing them in, in the first place. *Hint hint*

Military statistics wise, Oritolon has more CS than Lukon today. Wow ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #94: June 20, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
This is the best chance to wipe out all your enemies as they gather in one place. Ahem 8)

They'd all just move to Outer Tilog and take the realm over by democracy, and THEN Lukon will really be in trouble!

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: June 21, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »
Die hard enemies of Lukon were a very important tool for the Hendrix family.  I would never know for sure where they would go next but I knew they would go somewhere...I needed them to go somewhere.  After all the only way Lukon could remain in power was to be perceived as having great power and influence...but also be seen as giving and caring.  One way to do this was to try and find the internal conflicts going on in other realms.  This was never a big problem because one side or the other would always let slip of a political crack I could open wider.

So if the energetic enemy from realm one moves to a realm which I had good relations with... it was a traveling antagonist.  Innocent is a good example.  I know where ever he would go, he would stand against Lukon interests.  So I promised Wetham to the Assassins...then when Innocent took it over I had reason for conflict to keep Lukon busy and reclaim that city as our own.

The same could be said for MT in Alebad.  When MT was founded it was done so by putting people in it that we did not want in Oritolon or Lukon.  It was a sort of exile without actually telling everyone they were exiled.  So I already knew it would become a focal point later on...one that would draw out any hidden enemies and contain some of the known ones.

So yes... if OT were taken over by numbers that would be bad.  Then again we are talking about the colonies here.  You would have to take nobles from Oritolon and put them in OT... then Oritolon would be less defended.

Anyway.  Lukon will be a new army soon.  Just polishing the last of the rust off at the moment.  Oritolon will fall and then we will help raise it up as a Southern Empire to join into the Colonial Federation.

Then Lukon can break apart... OT seperates from Giblot... and we are off and running.

I envision Wetham wanting land from Portion... Lukon wanting to raid OT... Alebad in a food war with Giblot...  All sorts of great things.  Meanwhile Infiltrators are encouraged...because they can pay off bans in order to continue growing strong in the colonies rather than being deported all the time.  Priests can begin priestly wars without the interference of government (direct military interference that is)... Realms will join into empires or federations...all while remaining under the umbrella of Colonial Federation which is governed by senators from every realm.

In the future some realms will likely break off from the federation and we will see huge wars from it all... but first... Ortiolon must crumble.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: June 22, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
I think that you are all overlooking a very obvious advantage that Oritolon has, which is it's city on the front line, Alebad. The advantages it offers are great, so it comes as no surprise to me that Lukon has been unable to break Oritolon. In order to assail such a defensive position, Lukon would have had to field an army about twice as large as Oritolon's, an unlikely feat.

Perhaps player activity had something to do with it as well, but I think that the key to Oritolon's success has to do with the strategic position it finds itself in.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: June 24, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »
War will be stalemate until OT joins with Lukon and then Oritolon will obviously lose because battlemaster is about ganking to end wars ASAP and get back to peace-fun.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: June 25, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
...because battlemaster is about ganking to end wars ASAP and get back to peace-fun.

What are you talking about? If everything in the Colonies goes the way some are trying to take it then there will be a lot of action and the future there will be great.

Sounds a bit like a pre-emptive OOC moan to try to get people to change their minds IC about their intended actions...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #99: June 26, 2013, 02:34:32 AM »
Lukon: We're reorganizing, it'll be great and we'll beat your faces in! We're getting new leadership!

Lukon's New General: Hey everybody, let's do this.
Lukon's New King, Aka the Old General: Ignore the General, I now control the military! Do this instead!

It's kind of amusing... We had a turnover in leadership to stop what we had been doing, but the new leadership wants to go straight back to what we were doing before.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: June 26, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
City states are absurd.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: June 26, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
The colonies were all city states until Lukon started to win  :P.... 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:44:46 PM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: June 26, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
It's kind of amusing... We had a turnover in leadership to stop what we had been doing, but the new leadership wants to go straight back to what we were doing before.

What we were doing... was not getting people interested in playing the game because of the long periods of nothing between events.  Suddenly we are at war and many players who have been skimming messages for months have not been paying attention.  That is how we could have CS advantage and end up loosing the battles due to arriving in 3 separate waves...people not caring.

What you fail to think about is that Lukon has won war after war with tactics that are different than everyone else.  We have always fought that way because its what barbarians do.  Now the new General has some good ideas...but does not have the political clout to make big changes yet.  This is a social game after all.

Now with the change in leadership, people are paying more attention.  The whole thing riled some people up and they have renewed interest in the game again....

Hmm... For those of you who thing the entire city state idea is "absurd" should consider the actions taken in Lukon to revive the attention of its nobles and put the idea into a larger scale.  That is what you have...a rejuvenation of the Colonies but in a way that allows for the story progression to continue in a real way which is important to me.

Now I expect the entire thing to dissolve into anarchy... but hope some of the effects will be long lasting such as letting priests and infiltrators do their thing without too much national threat against them.  This will help boost noble population.  The Colonies only has about 110 active characters, 9 of those being adventurers...I know at least 10 players in Lukon who have two in the Colonies...When you consider that it is very telling.

Lukon killed the Colonies.  We did not do anything wrong and I would not change it...but its true.  Now it will be repaired.  *shrug*  If you want it stopped IC... then stop it IC.  If you dont like it OOC... time to deal with disappointment.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: July 26, 2013, 02:21:22 AM »
Peace Lukon and Oritolon? Will it happen? :D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: July 26, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
Hmm it may happen but I doubt we will see it while Oritolon still thinks they are winning the war...Lukon is too proud to make peace while perception shows them to be loosing.

Besides that Lukon leaders know how this works... they will be asked to give up all sorts of things for peace... lands gold food status.  Lukon wont surrender.

Perhaps they will find a common ground for a neutral stance between the two realms... but I do not think we will see anything like that until Oritolon realizes they do not have things under control as much as they think.