Author Topic: Visiting family home  (Read 13783 times)

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting family home
« Reply #15: April 10, 2011, 05:50:41 AM »
Bah, that's nothing! Hang has the health of a 68 year old despite being only 43!

That can't be right. The aforementioned Hang would be only 21 years old under that system...

Hang's been around almost five years...which would be about 21 1/2 years under the 12 RL weeks = 1 BM year system.  He'd be close to your 43 year number (depending on his age to start.)  How did you get your number?

I'm always curious how other people count BM time.
Kindon Family

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 10, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »
Hang's been around almost five years...which would be about 21 1/2 years under the 12 RL weeks = 1 BM year system.  He'd be close to your 43 year number (depending on his age to start.)  How did you get your number?

I'm always curious how other people count BM time.

Six week to a year. I believe the number is based on the old harvest schedule.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 10, 2011, 08:06:37 AM »
Implementing some kind of real, established Year/Time Keeping system into the game would be wonderful, I think.

One of the AWESOME things about BattleMaster is the persistent world and all of the histories, cultures, events and stories that are told over time. Additionally, all of these can be easily kept track of and recorded on the awesome Wiki we have. Unfortunately, the ONE major hindrance to record keeping the game's lack of time keeping. It seems every article, realm, or continent page keeps track of time differently. It's pretty frustrating. There's the whole let's March 1009 (for March 2009) method, Dwilight has had the benefit of keeping track of game years from the beginning of the continent through seasons (DY 14 now? Almost 15?). Some people just don't even bother with it and don't list a timeline for things at all.

Personally, I would love to see a yeared notation or some kind of date/time keeping added to the game.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 10, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »
I'm so confused at this whole post. But how do you visit one's family home in the first place?  :-\
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: April 10, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
what? I thought you can visit your family home by going to the home region? Where your first character starts.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 10, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
Your Family Home is in the first region you start, but an Hero character can sometimes move it. It should say on your family page where it is.

egamma

« Reply #21: April 10, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
I'm so confused at this whole post. But how do you visit one's family home in the first place?  :-\

Aren't you the one that was exploiting this feature in Dwilight?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #22: April 10, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
The cases that were shared as "confirmed" were those in Thulsoma. Even so, let's leave those accusations of exploits to those in charge of dealing with it.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 11, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »
Aren't you the one that was exploiting this feature in Dwilight?

Me? Hell no! My family home has always been in Melmoor from the day I started. I haven't managed to figure out how to change it yet  :o Check my page - I have no one in Atamara either.

Anyways, what are the benefits of moving your family home to another region?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:03:00 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #24: April 11, 2011, 02:46:01 AM »
Back when your aunt was more generous, you could set up house in a region with a guild you were in, and continuously funnel gold through your aunt to the guild. By coordinating several homes this way, one could amass thousands in short time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: April 11, 2011, 02:56:12 AM »
Really? But I guess aunts all over the world of BM got a bit stingy now?

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 11, 2011, 03:11:28 AM »
Hah, I'd forgotten that Gias wrote up a funny bit about Gregor making up the Gregorian calendar.  Cute.

egamma

« Reply #27: April 11, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
Me? Hell no! My family home has always been in Melmoor from the day I started. I haven't managed to figure out how to change it yet  :o Check my page - I have no one in Atamara either.

Anyways, what are the benefits of moving your family home to another region?
1. fame point
2. aunt gives you gold--although that seems be restricted or eliminated thanks to the Thulsoma thing.

sorry about accusing you, it's hard to keep people straight--I just remembered it was another guy with a lot of "dispraise".

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: April 11, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
wha? You can't get gold from your aunty anymore? what about your sisters and the dog? :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.