Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 34132 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Resistance
« Topic Start: February 20, 2013, 03:57:54 AM »
Here's a game very similar to Werewolf/Mafia, with some key differences, the major one being that nobody dies and everyone will be able to play until the end. If there's enough interest I'll develop a story and all that so that you can RP to your heart's content.

Rules (credit to Wikipedia):

At the start of the game, one third of the group (rounded up to the nearest whole number) are randomly and secretly chosen to be Imperial Spies, while the rest of the group are Resistance. One of the players (either a Spy or Resistance member) is selected to be the Mission Leader. The Imperial Spies are made aware of each other without the Resistance members knowing - the only thing the Resistance members know is how many spies exist, not who they are. Nobody may discuss this game in private - all discourse relating to the game must take place here.

During each round of the game, the player to the left of the previous Leader becomes the new Leader. Depending on the stage of the game, the Leader needs to select a certain number of players to send out on a mission (the Leader may choose to go out on the mission himself). The amount of players necessary for a mission depends both on the turn and the number of total players, which will be published once we know how many players there are. All of the players then discuss the Leader's choice and, simultaneous and in public, vote on whether to accept the team make-up or not. (To simulate simultaneity, everyone will PM me their votes and I will reveal them publicly). If a majority is not reached, leadership passes on to the next player to the left, who proposes another distribution of plans. This continues until a majority of players agree with the current Leader's distribution of plans. If the plans are rejected five times in a row, the Imperial Spies automatically win the game, because there is too much discord within the rebel team to function properly.

Once a mission team is agreed on the players are then sent on the mission. The result of the mission is then determined by the participating players: Resistance members will secretly PM me a "mission success" PM and spies will secretly PM me either a "mission success" or "mission failure". This is in order to prevent metagaming by gauging activity levels. If all PMs show success, the resistance team earns one point. If even one PM shows failure, the spy team earns one point. I will say how many of each PM type I got publicly but will obviously not tell anyone who sent what.

The game continues until one team accumulates 3 points.

I'll be setting up mission leader order randomly. There will be no time limit on turns or anything of that nature but I will replace people at my own discretion.

I'll be taking a maximum of ten people but we will also need substitutes when people inevitably lag the game behind.

Anyone interested?

Players:
1. Dishman
2. Ketchum
3. Lefanis
4. Arundel
5. Fury
6. Penchant
7. D'Espana
8. Thomasgriff
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:09:55 AM by Norrel »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #1: February 20, 2013, 04:12:52 AM »
Eh, why not. Sounds interesting. Count me in.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 20, 2013, 04:14:14 AM »
Good rule. I like it and I am In! ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 20, 2013, 06:04:13 AM »
Yeah, i wanted to buy these card games but couldn't find it. (Only found it in Amsterdam with it in dutch so i don't understand) Haha. Anyway this seems like our previous last major game before our break. Sabotage 1 by Fury.

I would like to join this but i will have a period of inactivity. If it starts on 27th Feb or after, i will be able to join. :)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 20, 2013, 06:09:36 AM »
Yeah, i wanted to buy these card games but couldn't find it. (Only found it in Amsterdam with it in dutch so i don't understand) Haha. Anyway this seems like our previous last major game before our break. Sabotage 1 by Fury.

I would like to join this but i will have a period of inactivity. If it starts on 27th Feb or after, i will be able to join. :)

I'll put you in as a potential sub.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 20, 2013, 06:10:46 AM »
In.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 20, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »
Sure
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 20, 2013, 07:18:17 AM »
I've made a modification to the rules to make it more fair and similar to the real-life version - spies also may not communicate about the game outside the game. This is actually pretty important so don't cheat, play like adults.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 20, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »
I've made a modification to the rules to make it more fair and similar to the real-life version - spies also may not communicate about the game outside the game. This is actually pretty important so don't cheat, play like adults.

I am a young cute boy. :p

Fury

« Reply #9: February 20, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
Ok, in.
Any playing tips?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 20, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
We have the minimum necessary. I will start the game in around 24 hours.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 21, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »
We have the minimum necessary. I will start the game in around 24 hours.
I hope you reconsider that, you haven't even have it posted on here for 24 hours. I would like to sign up for this also.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 21, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »
I hope you reconsider that, you haven't even have it posted on here for 24 hours. I would like to sign up for this also.

Yeah, so we should have close to 10 people within the next 24. No need to keep it going for long. Hell I might just start within the next 12 or less.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 21, 2013, 01:00:32 AM »
It'll take me awhile to fully understand it, but sure, count me in. You never know when someone's gonna try to deceive you by the net, so better be prepared for it. Let's go, my dear liars!
D'Espana Family

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 21, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »
Waves