Author Topic: Feature Request: Anonymous Messaging Option in Secret Societies  (Read 12394 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I could see it being used to anonymously trash-talk other players, and to send other forms of abusive messages. There would need to be some way to enable reporting of these messages.
If it happens, the elders know who sent what and it can be reported to the Magistrates.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
If it happens, the elders know who sent what and it can be reported to the Magistrates.

While I can understand that, I can also see it not being enough as well.

If the Elders are the ones doing it, or if there is only one elder, and he/she does it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
While I can understand that, I can also see it not being enough as well.

If the Elders are the ones doing it, or if there is only one elder, and he/she does it.
Report it to the Magistrates and they can have the titans get the necessary proof needed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Unless it's anonymous to everyone but the elders.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
How about code names?  The magistrates would be able to know who has what name.  Complaint could be filed without actually knowing who you are complaining about.
*these could be names that are used or OOC strings attached to messages.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Unless it's anonymous to everyone but the elders.
How does that make any sense? If the elders know who is sending what they can give the necessary messages to the magistrates, or the magistrates can just have the titans check it out for them... though the code name idea does not sound like a bad idea either.
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
How does that make any sense? If the elders know who is sending what they can give the necessary messages to the magistrates, or the magistrates can just have the titans check it out for them... though the code name idea does not sound like a bad idea either.

If the elders know who is responsible for any possible spam or slurs, they can deal with them themselves as well as file a proper complain against the guilty parties.

I never really liked how un-secretive secret societies were as far as intra-guild communications go.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
If the elders know who is responsible for any possible spam or slurs, they can deal with them themselves as well as file a proper complain against the guilty parties.

I never really liked how un-secretive secret societies were as far as intra-guild communications go.
Exactly so I don't get what your previous post was about.
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Exactly so I don't get what your previous post was about.

My message should have been written as "unless it is made so that..."

As it is, when someone writes a message in secret societies, everyone who gets to read it knows who sent it. What the suggestion proposed is an option where no one would know who sent it. So I proposed a middle ground, where only the elders would know who sent it.

Gustav Kuriga

Which was already part of the original feature request, Chenier....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:45:05 PM by Gustav Kuriga »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I could see it being used to anonymously trash-talk other players, and to send other forms of abusive messages. There would need to be some way to enable reporting of these messages.

This was mostly what I was replying to.

After re-reading the discussion, I realize now that the quote I used made it all sound rather confusing. 'cause I was basically saying the same thing you were. Apologies for the confusion.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
This was mostly what I was replying to.

After re-reading the discussion, I realize now that the quote I used made it all sound rather confusing. 'cause I was basically saying the same thing you were. Apologies for the confusion.
That, and it is a part of the feature request already to echo Gustav
― G.K. Chesterton

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Rather than no name given, why not give everyone in secret societies a pseudonym?  Adair Bedwyr doesn't write something, the Red Fox does.  If you can find out who the Red Fox is via other means, yes, it breaks the anonymity, but I think that's a reasonable kind of intrigue.  And that would make it very easy to OOC police as necessary.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Rather than no name given, why not give everyone in secret societies a pseudonym?  Adair Bedwyr doesn't write something, the Red Fox does.  If you can find out who the Red Fox is via other means, yes, it breaks the anonymity, but I think that's a reasonable kind of intrigue.  And that would make it very easy to OOC police as necessary.

Better yet, not a pseudonym, but just the name of the person's position within the secrete society.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Better yet, not a pseudonym, but just the name of the person's position within the secrete society.

That works as long as they are unique.
After all it's a roleplaying game.