Author Topic: Barony of Makar these days?  (Read 30772 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Barony of Makar these days?
« Topic Start: May 09, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
How are things in BoM these days? Any fun wars going on? Is Sordnaz still the ruler? :p I was thinking about emigrating a char to Atamara but I haven't decided yet. I thought to give the continent another chance.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Barony of Makar these days?
« Reply #1: May 09, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
For a while there it almost ceased to exist. I am somewhat surprised that they pulled it together.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 09, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
For a while there it almost ceased to exist. I am somewhat surprised that they pulled it together.

I saw on the map that they are smaller now then when I was there many years ago so that doesn't surprise me. But what is happening? War with whom? Is it still fun there? Questions like these needs answers!  ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 09, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »
BoM fragmented when Makar seceded to form Heorot.

Then Minas Leon, Talerium, and all three of the Eston fragments went to war with Heorot. Heorot bombed horribly, with BoM taking some of their lands back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 09, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
BoM fragmented when Makar seceded to form Heorot.

Then Minas Leon, Talerium, and all three of the Eston fragments went to war with Heorot. Heorot bombed horribly, with BoM taking some of their lands back.

This. Heorot was formed because Ender was tired of following a ruler who didn't say much (Though I totally love Sordnaz's player, in game is gets hard to justify character wise) and fighting a war we weren't really told why we were still fighting. Enough people agreed to form the realm with the hopes of creating a more lively version of the Barony.

I dont know how much has changed in BoM since I left, but things were stagnant for the most part. Some of the people in power are the same people who were part of the group of people who sit there, say nothing except when something really spectacular happens or if they autopaused out of lordship and felt they had to have it back, and then withdraws into the shadows, so who knows if anything is going to change at this point.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 09, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
This. Heorot was formed because Ender was tired of following a ruler who didn't say much (Though I totally love Sordnaz's player, in game is gets hard to justify character wise) and fighting a war we weren't really told why we were still fighting. Enough people agreed to form the realm with the hopes of creating a more lively version of the Barony.

I dont know how much has changed in BoM since I left, but things were stagnant for the most part. Some of the people in power are the same people who were part of the group of people who sit there, say nothing except when something really spectacular happens or if they autopaused out of lordship and felt they had to have it back, and then withdraws into the shadows, so who knows if anything is going to change at this point.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too good at all. I hope it has become better but it would be nice if someone with a char inside the barony would answer too.

Otherwise, I guess I have to look at other realms. Any recomendations?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 09, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
people who sit there, say nothing except when something really spectacular happens or if they autopaused out of lordship and felt they had to have it back, and then withdraws into the shadows, so who knows if anything is going to change at this point.

This.

This used to make me so mad as King of Eston. If one of my quiet, hardly active Dukes autopaused, came back a few days later and I so as much as THOUGHT as appointing someone else, all of their friends would jump down my throat.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 09, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Darka!

We're the last realm fighting against the unholy MiCE & Co. Join us, the last bastion of freedom upon all of Atamara!

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 09, 2013, 09:04:53 PM »
Darka!

We're the last realm fighting against the unholy MiCE & Co. Join us, the last bastion of freedom upon all of Atamara!

Since I haven't been in Atamara since forever, you'll have to explain who the mice are ;)

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 09, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
This.

This used to make me so mad as King of Eston. If one of my quiet, hardly active Dukes autopaused, came back a few days later and I so as much as THOUGHT as appointing someone else, all of their friends would jump down my throat.

Yes, we are many that dislike those situations. But try to do it anyway. It is the right thing to do after all :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 09, 2013, 09:24:38 PM »
Not the "mice", the "MiCE". The self-proclaimed Mighty Cagilan Empire. The purveyors of destruction, the puppet masters, the enslavers of all Atamara!

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 09, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
Not the "mice", the "MiCE". The self-proclaimed Mighty Cagilan Empire. The purveyors of destruction, the puppet masters, the enslavers of all Atamara!

Ah! The Sirion of Atamara ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 09, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »
More like Sirion's powerful and successful cousin.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 09, 2013, 10:11:44 PM »
Shame Heorot didn't last, it was actually a pretty neat little realm.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Elroy

« Reply #14: May 09, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »
Shame Heorot didn't last, it was actually a pretty neat little realm.

That made me chuckle, considering that Kerwin is partly to blame for their destruction.  Sure Rieleston would have likely gotten involved at some point, but Kerwin's presence in Heorot sealed (RP-wise) Rieleston's early involvement.