Author Topic: next invasion  (Read 14378 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: next invasion
« Reply #30: June 18, 2011, 05:38:34 AM »
That's true. And it has been said before, like on the first Community site forums.

The 4th Inv announcement said as well:

"The reason for an announcement is that we will be changing the rules. We do not guarantee a human victory this time. Our NPC sides have been set up with pre-determined, limited resources (and income, just like human realms). They are balanced for a fair, but tough fight. And they may win. If they do, you may lose part, or even all, of Beluaterra."

As well, there were times when Tom might have hinted that he desired BT to be wiped, but this is unsubstantiated, and unless he gives some statement, should not be taken as fact. I do not think he would say anything about it though, since that would artificially influence the continent's dynamics.

He vaguely mentioned once or twice that we might eventually need to close a continent due to declining player numbers. Players, I believe, are the ones who speculated/assumed he meant Beluaterra, as it'd be the one with a most logical means of destruction.

Now that I think of it, though, why weren't the war islands wiped by daimons? It's kinda lame that the islands "sunk", and I always thought the RP around that was completely impossible and hollow. Destruction by battle would have been a fitting end.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #31: June 19, 2011, 01:40:40 AM »
Daimons weren't around back then. Monsters and undead? Meh.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 19, 2011, 01:50:50 AM »
It was the Moon People.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: June 19, 2011, 07:06:03 AM »
Or a powerful sorcerer.  Though magic has faded from the BM world ICly, there are still old wizards still running about.  Perhaps there are young ones fiddling with magic and...  Oops.  Sank the islands beneath the seas. >.>

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 19, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »
Or a powerful sorcerer.  Though magic has faded from the BM world ICly, there are still old wizards still running about.  Perhaps there are young ones fiddling with magic and...  Oops.  Sank the islands beneath the seas. >.>

This twist has potential. Sadly, no effort to RP the closing was made in any way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 19, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
This twist has potential. Sadly, no effort to RP the closing was made in any way.

Considering the war islands were, in the eyes of many at the time, the antithesis of roleplaying, I am not sure why that would surprise you.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 19, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
Considering the war islands were, in the eyes of many at the time, the antithesis of roleplaying, I am not sure why that would surprise you.

I don't really see how they were the antithesis of roleplaying. I played in Taselak, on the SEI, and I honestly saw a lot more roleplaying there than most other places.

I'm not surprised, just disappointed that such a good opportunity was wasted.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #37: June 20, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »
Hindsight 20/20 quote.