Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 41220 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
I cannot say how badly I hate Sartan. There literally are not words for my loathing of that particular deity.

Did he really get chosen as one of Sandalak's prime figures?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I cannot say how badly I hate Sartan. There literally are not words for my loathing of that particular deity.

Did he really get chosen as one of Sandalak's prime figures?

No, of course not. That didn't stop a bunch of horrendous players from behaving as if that were true, throwing a super hissy fit, and rage-quitting in as public of a fashion as possible.

I find it hilarious beyond words that an imaginary deity in an imaginary world bothers you so much. It certainly isn't anything near as hegemonic as Sanguis Astroism. But whatever Sartan was in the past (that seems to have pissed off such a vocal few of you), I doubt you would recognize much of the old Sartan in today's order.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
BTW, I'm no theologian, but I'm pretty sure every god is an !@#$%^& if you judge the deity by the failure of his/her followers.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
...stuff...
Do NOT re-open this ridiculous, inflammatory, trolling, flame-fest on the forums.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Do NOT re-open this ridiculous, inflammatory, trolling, flame-fest on the forums.
Sartan is not an issue. Really. Everyone should stop making it one.

Now the Magna Aenilia Ecclesia... that was a religion I could get behind.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Judging by the fate of nearly every realm that has ever followed Sartan, I think Sandalak would be better off without him.

Well Coralynth, Sorraine and Arcaea (let's face it - it's run by Sartanians nowadays ) all seem to be doing pretty well :p

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Well Coralynth, Sorraine and Arcaea (let's face it - it's run by Sartanians nowadays ) all seem to be doing pretty well :p
That's because a non-Sartanian realm helped them out because it benefitted them.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
That's because a non-Sartanian realm helped them out because it benefitted them.
This.

Arcaea wasn't really Sartanian. It was mostly Order of the Elders, until Magnus went on an insane power trip and started abusing his secular power for religious purposes. This got Arcaea pissed at OoE. Sorraine got its ass kicked by OW (who follow some dragon cult), and would have been wiped out had they not signed their sovereignty away to the Arcaean Empire.

Coralynth has never really faced any serious threats. It is completely sheltered by Arcaea. There is no indication that Coralynth wouldn't just flow and collapse like every other Sartanian-dedicate realm that ever existed.

I'm not saying that a realm dedicated to Sartan *can't* be successful. Just that it's never happened so far.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
This.

Arcaea wasn't really Sartanian. It was mostly Order of the Elders, until Magnus went on an insane power trip and started abusing his secular power for religious purposes. This got Arcaea pissed at OoE. Sorraine got its ass kicked by OW (who follow some dragon cult), and would have been wiped out had they not signed their sovereignty away to the Arcaean Empire.

Coralynth has never really faced any serious threats. It is completely sheltered by Arcaea. There is no indication that Coralynth wouldn't just flow and collapse like every other Sartanian-dedicate realm that ever existed.

I'm not saying that a realm dedicated to Sartan *can't* be successful. Just that it's never happened so far.

This goes back to when Arcaea was an MAE realm. After they beat Sartania they changed their tact and took in the Sartanian's they'd defeated, promising them lands in their OTHER enemies' homes. It worked out well for both parties. I haven't been around for a while, is religion really a thing in Arcaea now?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Not really, no. Much the same as it ever was - tolerant to all religions that can co-exist peacefully. OoE couldn't, so it got kicked out.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sometimes I wonder if Tom isn't just a brilliant yet Germanically evil sociologist, using us as test subjects.

Das Experiment
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Let's just all step back and remember that Sartan was just a whiney little brother to the REAL God of War and Battle, Qyrvagg.

I suppose not a lot of folks probably remember Qyrvaggism, despite it being one of the older religions in BM, with one of the more amusing origins stories, I think.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I say more beers(on me of course  :P ) and regroup, kick those infidels realms out of our lands.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)