Author Topic: East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan  (Read 65751 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Let's not worry about bangs and what not. Wimpie's right about relative size and power, it simply presents new and interesting strategic challenges for Xavax. He's also right about Fallangard. There is no argument that Selenia could make that would keep Edvaard out of it now. And the hardmode gamer in me even wants Caligus to declare war just so we know where everyone stands - Xavax against the world - if only to prove to Starfall that even in a desperate situation, Selenia would never authorize rape or genocide.

The way I see it, things just got interesting. I'm looking froward to it.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Let's not worry about bangs and what not.
Shall someone declare a war over a Queen's hairbangs? Queen Teniel receives a butchered haircut while touring Nivemus and diplomatic incident ensues.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Shall someone declare a war over a Queen's hairbangs? Queen Teniel receives a butchered haircut while touring Nivemus and diplomatic incident ensues.

You really want those headlines...I promise to get on them for you.  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Let's not worry about bangs and what not. Wimpie's right about relative size and power, it simply presents new and interesting strategic challenges for Xavax. He's also right about Fallangard. There is no argument that Selenia could make that would keep Edvaard out of it now. And the hardmode gamer in me even wants Caligus to declare war just so we know where everyone stands - Xavax against the world - if only to prove to Starfall that even in a desperate situation, Selenia would never authorize rape or genocide.

The way I see it, things just got interesting. I'm looking froward to it.

I must say, even thought my character Jeames thinks otherwise, I like how you play Selenia.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I give up. !@#$ing stay out of an even fight for once people.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

When one realm constantly owns the other realm, I wouldn't consider it an even fight. Xavax has been dominating this war from the beginning. As discussed above, there are quite some good reasons why Vix would come in and Fallangard/Caligus will prob also join the fray (which I consider more a problem tbh). You can't expect arrogance and perceived provocation and fear not to cause people to join a war against you. Vix is no longer near the powerhouse it was earlier, so it prob actually evens out the war as long as Fallangard/Caligus don't enter.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Yeah, you managed to suck up all of Alara's lands except their capital while Alara/Minas Nova/Perleone were warring you. That sounds like an even war alright..

Perspectives  :-X

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yeah, you managed to suck up all of Alara's lands except their capital while Alara/Minas Nova/Perleone were warring you. That sounds like an even war alright..

Alara's capital having nearly as high a pop and the entire realm of Xavax, all our regions put together, not even considering the support of Minas Nova and Perleone are supplying, yeah perspectives.  :P it's not like we snuck in and attacked them without warning and stripped them of said land, they had plenty of time to reinforce their positions and should have had way more income to have done so with. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear for their poor administration not sharing the wealth. What they need is leadership, not extra help piling in.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Alara's capital having nearly as high a pop and the entire realm of Xavax, all our regions put together, not even considering the support of Minas Nova and Perleone are supplying, yeah perspectives.  :P it's not like we snuck in and attacked them without warning and stripped them of said land, they had plenty of time to reinforce their positions and should have had way more income to have done so with. Pardon me if I don't shed a tear for their poor administration not sharing the wealth. What they need is leadership, not extra help piling in.

Population is the worst statistic you can use and the most useless. In terms of economics Xavax is at 6k and Perleone, Minas Nova and Perleone are around 6800 or so, so rather even. But even gold is far from a good statistic these days to measure power and potential. It's usually the number of active chars these day that you can bring to the field that ultimately decide who's stronger. In the 'old days'  you actually had to distribute the gold so that everyone got a bit cause nobody could recruit to the max because there were so many nobles in respect to the wealth available. That's no longer really the case normally, unless you use extreme war tactics. Xavax has like 27 active chars vs 17 in Alara, Minas Nova and Perleone. So yes, in that regard Xavax has a great advantage in the war. That has nothing to do with wealth distribution or anything else, but with noble count. In part noble count also depends on how fun a realm is etc, but I can image some people leaving Alara when they're getting pounded (some would, others wouldn't).

So in this way, Vix entering the war actually creates a more balanced situation than the current one (albeit slightly in favor against Xavax now prob, rather than massively in favor of Xavax).

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
caligus is going to let perdan/vix do their dirty work for them. they obviously abandoned their allies to pursue an easier war.

at most they will wait til the dust settles to attack fallangard, which i think is the biggest shame of the situation. edvard allowing his realm to be chained to the sinking ship of xavax.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
caligus is going to let perdan/vix do their dirty work for them. they obviously abandoned their allies to pursue an easier war.

at most they will wait til the dust settles to attack fallangard, which i think is the biggest shame of the situation. edvard allowing his realm to be chained to the sinking ship of xavax.

Of course, we're talking about Caligus here. They must uphold the realm's long tradition :-)

But even with their current strength I don't see Caligus breaking Fallangard's walls (not in time) and I doubt Perdan will just let that happen simply as well.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Considering they've been able to do several raiding campaigns and nearly destroyed our entire army once, Yeah, I'd say so. If you'll notice, we haven't been able to push beyond our current position for a while now. Besides which, the majority of Alaran characters have absurdly high honor and prestige compared to Xavax, so their units are usually 1.5 times the size of ours.

I have yet to see where the sympathy for Alara is coming from, they brought this entire conflict on themselves. They've helped cause a civil war in our realm, harbored Stegman, who, by the way, is an !@#$%^&. No one's having fun interacting with that character, it's merely helpless frustration as we hope that police patrols randomly catch him, which they never do. And then he pulls !@#$ing scrolls from out of his ass, giving him a free assassination attempt with no risk to his character.

The fact is this is just turning into a gang bang Atamaran style. Oh, and I love people talking about how our war against three realms isn't fair, but say nothing about Perdan and Vix both jumping in. The hypocrisy is laudable.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Man, you've been double dosing on the salt since losing that rebellion. Life over in Perdan not everything you'd hoped it would be?

Also, don't count your chicks before they're hatched, Xavax hasn't played all it's hand against Alara and co., let alone Perdan/Vix. We've more surprises up our sleeves, though we might wait for the newcomers to do something more serious than bothering my peasants.  :-*

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
I think people are too much on this "fair war" thing.
Xavax has simply digged blood outta its nose. Being arrogant, threatening all over. If you dont want someone to attack you, you need diplomacy, on that part Xavax has failed miserably (on purpose i guess).

War is never fair. Sooner or later one will have upper hand, one way or a another. Thats purpose of the war, beat or fend off the enemy.
~Violence is always an option!~

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think people are too much on this "fair war" thing.
Xavax has simply digged blood outta its nose. Being arrogant, threatening all over. If you dont want someone to attack you, you need diplomacy, on that part Xavax has failed miserably (on purpose i guess).

War is never fair. Sooner or later one will have upper hand, one way or a another. Thats purpose of the war, beat or fend off the enemy.

Exactly what Jaune said.

Also, I think you're in this way too deep OOC.