Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 550286 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Current War
« Reply #1395: October 19, 2012, 01:11:23 AM »
I am sure I can find a way to ramp them up again if you're missing them.  ;)

I could use a few more people to entertain my High Magistrate. Send the Darkan ones, though, we want more 7UP.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396: October 19, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
That means Makarians are masters of stealth. When they were moving with huge siege engines, banners and other stuff, then the nearby camped Ithilians could not notice them.

It was confused for normal viking noise pollution. Don't get me started on the smell ;)
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Eirikr

« Reply #1397: October 19, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
It was confused for normal viking noise pollution. Don't get me started on the smell ;)

Masters of stealth. We're so "obvious" that you can't be absolutely sure where we are... The smell can be detected from a full region away, making it hard to pinpoint exactly where the Horde is.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398: October 20, 2012, 04:00:46 AM »
Masters of stealth. We're so "obvious" that you can't be absolutely sure where we are... The smell can be detected from a full region away, making it hard to pinpoint exactly where the Horde is.

A part of me doesn't want to credit Vikings with being covertly overt. Raziel still carries a grudge.

Eirikr

« Reply #1399: October 20, 2012, 04:28:43 AM »
A part of me doesn't want to credit Vikings with being covertly overt. Raziel still carries a grudge.

So does the entire Barony... When I thought it was your fault for not joining us, not a single soul had any sympathy for MI... Even after I corrected it and said it was my fault, they all just found more creative ways to pin it on MI. :P

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400: October 20, 2012, 07:27:41 AM »
So does the entire Barony... When I thought it was your fault for not joining us, not a single soul had any sympathy for MI... Even after I corrected it and said it was my fault, they all just found more creative ways to pin it on MI. :P

Such as? How'd they still pin it on MI if you told them that you read the orders wrong?

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401: October 20, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
Such as? How'd they still pin it on MI if you told them that you read the orders wrong?

Orders were sent like 3 hours before turn change ..to not attack

Eirikr

« Reply #1402: October 21, 2012, 06:12:12 AM »

Those are country secrets! :P

Mostly saying MI was just being too slow/soft/not Viking.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403: October 21, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »
Those are country secrets! :P

Mostly saying MI was just being too slow/soft/not Viking.

Being not viking is how we won the Viking/MI wars :p.

Eirikr

« Reply #1404: October 21, 2012, 07:09:54 AM »
Being not viking is how we won the Viking/MI wars :p.

You know, quite honestly, I have no idea how the whole thing ended. I remember going out every week to attack Mansbridge, etc. and then suddenly, one week, we were allies and marching south. As such, I also have no idea who actually won. The borders stayed the same, if I remember.

Ravendon even continued to hold his Viking grudge against MI, thinking we'd soon be fighting them again and got banned when he got caught burning grain in MI. (If I remember right, he actually met Raziel III in a Norland prison before that. Ravendon was a priest at the time, got angry at the jail conversations and decided to become an infil for the Horgr.) Funny how it all worked out... After the bans from BoM and MI, he completely randomly chose Coria and now he's already had the opportunity to push around MI on a rather macro level.

I need to write up the story and put it in one place some day... More trivia: Did you know Ravendon started in Tara?

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405: October 22, 2012, 04:03:10 AM »
You know, quite honestly, I have no idea how the whole thing ended. I remember going out every week to attack Mansbridge, etc. and then suddenly, one week, we were allies and marching south. As such, I also have no idea who actually won. The borders stayed the same, if I remember.
(snip)

That war was more of a draw and was just the most recent of the conflicts between BoM (&Norland) & MI which seem to boil down to us not being viking and/or wanting York. Sordnaz was trying to sign peace from the time my character (Relkin) was crowned King. Soon after the war's start, the previous King died/auto-paused and I was the General so easy to convince people to crown me King.

Soon after we agreed to peace, Hammarsett invited us into its plan to destroy CE.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406: October 22, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »
Objection! We never wanted York! We just wanted to loot York!
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407: October 22, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »

Objection! We just wanted to loot.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408: October 22, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »
Public Execution   (5 minutes ago)
Messengers bring news of a public execution in Cagil earlier today.
Zaknafien, a noble of Eston, had been banned from Cagilan Empire as a traitor on 2012-10-16. When he was later imprisoned, the judge of Cagilan Empire decided to make him pay for his treason.
Background info on this family.
[protest options]

Mr Cat, 'meat' Mr Pigeon, in plural.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409: October 23, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »

Right, sorry. That was Norland not the Barony I guess. After Norland was destroyed then I think it was Eston who took some of them in that wanted to make a glorious new Norland in York.