Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 63463 times)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #75: August 29, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »

You know... since you wouldn't expect an actual wound from so few peasants, maybe you just got some commoner spittle on you in the melee, and it wounded your pride.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: August 29, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »
wasn't me who got wounded. I did skip a line..

Wheling Elite (19) take 1906 hits (6 in close combat, 1900 from archer fire), which cause 51 casualties, making the unit retreat from the battlefield.

so his unit basically got shot to bits (yay.. i did some of the shooting) and then some peasant poked a finger at him or something and he got wounded.
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: August 30, 2011, 01:18:29 AM »
Some of Sundar's (Glaumring's) RPs have been pretty damn entertaining, just for their sheer audaciousness. Like sending a message to the entire Order of the Phoenix (an island-wide FEI order/guild, one of whose principles is to create standards of warfare and prohibit certain types of looting) about how he beats his manservant.

;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: September 04, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
When 9 of my men fled with 248 gold. They must be the richest soldiers in Dwilight by now...
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

egamma

« Reply #79: November 07, 2011, 05:03:48 PM »
Fine issued   (12 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Muunegan Baatarsaikhan, Law Father of Darka, Baron of Xutltec, Marshal of the Foxhound has put a penalty of 50 gold on Nadina Vasata (Dame of Ixzal) for this reason:

As requested by her marshal, Dame Nadina is fined 50 gold for following orders too closely and promptly for his consideration.I am sure that his army will take a long, thoughtful pause to consider his orders in the future.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: November 07, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
I lol'd.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: November 07, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Made me cry :(
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: November 07, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
If you'd been there, you would have lol'd.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #83: November 07, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
Could someone summarize what happened that led to this?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: November 07, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
In short: The Marshal gave an order for the army to move from Region A to B with a preset a follow-on move to C, and for everyone in C to misdirect to somewhere else. For whatever reason, Nadina was already in B, so just moved to C right away. She arrived a half-day ahead of the rest of the army to find that she was the only Darkan unit there, and was wiped out by the CE army waiting there. The Marshal asked the judge to fine Nadina for suiciding her unit. Muunegan, the judge, slapped down the fine with his usual humorous style.

See, the really funny part about this is that it turns out the Marshal (Herulcamo) actually made a mistake in the orders. Paraphrasing here, but what he said was:
Everyone in region A move to region B with a preset continue-on to region C, while everyone in region C misdirects
What he meant was:
Everyone in region A move to region B with a preset continue-on to region C, while everyone in region B misdirects this turn and follows along next turn to region C

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: November 07, 2011, 11:29:08 PM »
Sheesh, does that Marshal frequently give out orders 3 turns ahead of time? In my experience, that's not always a great thing to do as it can over complicate things and leads to people running ahead of the pack when comes to find out you may need to take it a little slower in order to wait for some people.

My philosophy with orders in order to get the best response and movement has always been the simpler the better. "Move to Region A" then the next turn "Move to Region B" etc. 
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #86: November 08, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »
That's why Darka is best. 8)

Only reason I left was to do some freelance mercenary work in Beluaterra.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: November 08, 2011, 02:39:24 AM »
That's why Darka is best. 8)

Yep, giving CE archers target practice, one unit at a time...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: November 08, 2011, 03:04:39 AM »
There would be more for them to hoot and holler about if so many of them hadn't forgotten to move out themselves, and gotten plastered by the Darka/Eston force that followed a half day later.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: November 08, 2011, 03:27:32 AM »
Meh, I never liked what Darka was doing. Its like prostitution at a realm level.